Windows 10: I have locked my (f6) "mute" key on my laptop keyboard, anyone know what I should do?

Discus and support I have locked my (f6) "mute" key on my laptop keyboard, anyone know what I should do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I make the "mute" button (f6) on my laptop start responding again? It doesn't make the volume come back on when pressed, it dose show the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alisonestridgeyoung, Mar 8, 2019.

1. I have locked my (f6) "mute" key on my laptop keyboard, anyone know what I should do?

How do I make the "mute" button (f6) on my laptop start responding again? It doesn't make the volume come back on when pressed, it dose show the volume in the corner and gives you a chance to change it, but it doesn't matter because it isn't able to record, me trying to ask the AI on my laptop for help... I continue to have so many problems with the audio on this laptop. It has been getting glitches and completely having the sound and picture moving slower, with choppy reception, and then it completely freezes the entire computer up and it is very new for it to be doing this since the first week I brought it home. I understand some laptops end up being better or more enduring, I do know that it wasn't a child or someone else that did it, I have done 2 factory resets since I brought it home, trying to figure out the problem with the sound system, I am not the most technology inclined person around but this is a problem this computer has had and will continue to have as long as I don't take it to a professional.

:)

alisonestridgeyoung, Mar 8, 2019
  2. MRCL Win User

Notebook keyboard locked?

I FN'ed every key on that keyboard. I think it must be some kind of key combination that locks and unlocks the keyboard. But I found nothing.

MRCL, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    How to mute audio with one click on the Desktop

My Toshiba laptop has a Fn key. When pressed, the ESC key acts as a speaker mute switch. Most of the top row of keys have a second function with the Fn key, F6/F7 are the brightness down/up controls and F8 turns the WiFi off, for example. Does your Dell Workstation M6800M6800 not have some something similar?

How-To Geek: How to Choose Whether Your Function Keys are F1-F12 Keys or Special Keys

Bree, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

I have locked my (f6) "mute" key on my laptop keyboard, anyone know what I should do?

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

I have locked my (f6) "mute" key on my laptop keyboard, anyone know what I should do?

1. I have locked my (f6) "mute" key on my laptop keyboard, anyone know what I should do? - Similar Threads - locked mute key

2. What should I do what if my laptop shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do what if my laptop shows: What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-what-if-my-laptop-shows/24b3abdf-79f4-4ba6-9c81-5dc9c8364307
  3. What should I do what if my laptop shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do what if my laptop shows: What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-what-if-my-laptop-shows/24b3abdf-79f4-4ba6-9c81-5dc9c8364307
  4. What should I do what if my laptop shows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  6. What should I do with my laptop?

What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  7. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My keyboard is randomly spamming the X key - what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is randomly spamming the X key - what should I do?: Hey so recently, my keyboard keeps spamming the X key at random moments. If I type a word, my keyboard will start spamming the X key without me touching the X key. As soon as I touch the X key, then my keyboard stops spamming the X key. I don’t know what to do because every...
  9. My keyboard is randomly spamming the X key - what should I do?

My keyboard is randomly spamming the X key - what should I do?: Hey so recently, my keyboard keeps spamming the X key at random moments. If I type a word, my keyboard will start spamming the X key without me touching the X key. As soon as I touch the X key, then my keyboard stops spamming the X key. I don’t know what to do because every...
  10. my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do?: my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration/0fcf0dbe-a6f1-47d3-98a2-1e0c8d951dbe

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my mute button is locked

2. My F 6 ki as my mute button

3. f6 mute stuck

4. mute button f6,
  5. how to unlock mute button on hp,
  6. how to disable the mute key on the keyboard(F6),
  7. how to unmute my laptop f6 key,
  8. how to remove f6 keyboard mute lock,
  9. how to unlock F6 mute button,
  10. mute f6,
  11. mute key locked,