Windows 10: I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but...

Discus and support I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have bought a laptop. In the process of setting up, I lost the sign-in details. Now I have exceeded the number of times to try. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Gilroy Ferguson, Jun 20, 2022.

1. I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but...

I have bought a laptop. In the process of setting up, I lost the sign-in details. Now I have exceeded the number of times to try. Any suggestions?

:)

Gilroy Ferguson, Jun 20, 2022

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jun 20, 2022
  3. Family Safety on Windows 10 Child Account permanently out of time

Hello,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. As you have tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C: > open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 20, 2022
  4. jimhoyle Win User

I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but...

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but...

1. I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but... - Similar Threads - losft sign number

2. I want to sign into my laptop with a different Microsoft account that I have. I have signed...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to sign into my laptop with a different Microsoft account that I have. I have signed...: Cannot attach screenshot without violating my anonymity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-sign-into-my-laptop-with-a-different/47fe8666-d142-4ead-b46a-d7b9c4d271b8
  3. I want to sign into my laptop with a different Microsoft account that I have. I have signed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to sign into my laptop with a different Microsoft account that I have. I have signed...: Cannot attach screenshot without violating my anonymity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-sign-into-my-laptop-with-a-different/47fe8666-d142-4ead-b46a-d7b9c4d271b8
  4. I want to sign into my laptop with a different Microsoft account that I have. I have signed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot reinstall my audio driver and have tried several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reinstall my audio driver and have tried several times: I have a Lenovo and am using Windows 10. I couldn't hear anything no matter what I did, I uninstalled my audio driver and when I tried reinstalling it, it would not reinstall. I 've gone onto the Lenovo website and typed in my SN, got the option to reinstall the driver,...
  6. I cannot reinstall my audio driver and have tried several times

I cannot reinstall my audio driver and have tried several times: I have a Lenovo and am using Windows 10. I couldn't hear anything no matter what I did, I uninstalled my audio driver and when I tried reinstalling it, it would not reinstall. I 've gone onto the Lenovo website and typed in my SN, got the option to reinstall the driver,...
  7. I cannot reinstall my audio driver and have tried several times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but...: I have bought a laptop. In the process of setting up, I lost the sign-in details. Now I have exceeded the number of times to try. Any suggestions?...
  9. I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but...

I have losft my sign-in number for my laptop. I have tried several times to open it but...: I have bought a laptop. In the process of setting up, I lost the sign-in details. Now I have exceeded the number of times to try. Any suggestions?...
  10. Lockscreen ~ I have tried several times to upload a picture for my lock screen, but it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen ~ I have tried several times to upload a picture for my lock screen, but it...: Problem with Lock screen. I have tried several times to insert my picture into the lock screen, but it always reverts back to the default picture of mountains and water. What is the purpose of allowing you to change it if it only reverts back to the default picture? I...