Windows 10: i have lost a file from my pictures in windows 10

Discus and support i have lost a file from my pictures in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lost a file in my pictures windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by billsheehan2, Oct 30, 2018.

1. i have lost a file from my pictures in windows 10

I have lost a file in my pictures windows 10

:)

billsheehan2, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. i have lost a file from my pictures in windows 10

Lost Files (Pictures , Videos...) while AND after Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the files and folders lost after installing the Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which were the latest updates installed on your device?
    • Where exactly are you looking for the files, pictures and documents?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Safe mode and check if the files are present?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Windows.old folder?
    I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode
    and check if the files, pictures and documents are present.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.
    You may also refer to: Find lost
    files after the update to Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

i have lost a file from my pictures in windows 10

1. i have lost a file from my pictures in windows 10 - Similar Threads - lost file pictures

2. lost my pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost my pictures: Just got a new computer and tried to restore all my files, including my photos, from my old PC backup. I got EVERYTHIGN EXCEPT my photoes. Are they there and I just don't see them or are they GONE! Am I missing something?...
  3. Lost OneDrive Files/Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost OneDrive Files/Pictures: Good Day Forum, I recently purchased a new desktop and transferred all the files from my old computer to new computer, and had my new computer linked to outlook account so onedrive was there etc, first time doing that. I copied all my files onto my desktop. A while later...
  4. Lost Files; pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Files; pictures: I moved all my pictures into one folder the way someone on here suggested & now I can't find any of them. I also have green dotted line across the top of my screen HELP...
  5. Thought I lost my files, now I actually may have lost my files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thought I lost my files, now I actually may have lost my files...: I went from 1903 to 2004 last night and upon reboot I had a mini panic attack because I didn't see any of my files. It seemed like I had a hard reset on my PC. Thankfully, I went into my users and found all my documents and photos in another user folder. So I clicked/dragged...
  6. I have lost my Windows 10 installation!

I have lost my Windows 10 installation!: I have a laptop with 2 internal HDs I used to use the second drive to clone my first drive. Then I decided I would like to install Linux Mint on the second drive which I did successfully. Then my sister bought a Google Chromebook and she was unable to grasp how to use it....
  7. I have lost my desktop and my files

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have lost my desktop and my files: Never had this happen before. When I signed on, my previous desktop has disappeared. It is only showing a few icons, and the computer seems to have reverted to an earlier state. My Quicken, for example, no longer displays the data in it it is backed up. What happened?...
  8. Why have i lost my favorites and pictures in windows 10 ?

Why have i lost my favorites and pictures in windows 10 ?: I have lost all my pictures and all favorites windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-i-lost-my-favorites-and-pictures-in/404bd14a-d04e-4f15-804f-9f95e7f38fb0
  9. I have lost my music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have lost my music files: My music files are still on my Apple Nano and Apple iPhone 8+, but main music choices that were on my Windows laptop have disappeared.???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-music-files/94e9328d-751f-4c03-9c0d-d2a08bfba967"
  10. I have lost my Desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my Desktop Windows 10: I have loaded my laptop today and can only access my Desktop through file explorer, the background image and icons seem to have disappeared. Every time I want to jump through programs, e.g. outlook to excel, or just shutting down an excel sheet the whole system goes straight...