Windows 10: I have lost administrative privileges. There is no way for me to get them back. Now what?

Discus and support I have lost administrative privileges. There is no way for me to get them back. Now what? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No admin access. Don't know why. Can not perform ANY admin function including running the dumb iso download tool. Why can't I just download the iso?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamEpling, Dec 20, 2018.

1. I have lost administrative privileges. There is no way for me to get them back. Now what?

No admin access. Don't know why. Can not perform ANY admin function including running the dumb iso download tool. Why can't I just download the iso? I can not create users. Really, I can not do anything. I can not uninstall applications. I can not run commands in a terminal. I can not alter the running state of my virus software. Essentially a brick.

:)

WilliamEpling, Dec 20, 2018
  2. tdburch01 Win User

Administrative Privileges lost on my Windows 10 pc

I returned from a business trip and I have lost all administrative privileges to my windows 10 p

Not sure if it was hacked or the kids did it but all administrative privileges have been lost none the less.

Step one, I reviewed all the information online on windows 8 and windows 10 similar situations.

I tried them all, I have zero privileges to do any of them. I can not create a new account to add admin privileges to.

I can not enable a hidden admin account to work with. I can not use command prompt to do anything related to admin privileges.

I'm basically locked out of all programs dealing with administrative privileges. A app recently failed, and I had to download it again unfortunately, can download it without administrative privileges.

Step two, accept that I can not do this alone and reach out to the community for help.

tdburch01, Dec 20, 2018
  3. lost administrative privilege

Hi Ami,

If I understood, you have delete your administrator account? Then you want to get the admin privilege you have lost, isn't it?

I want you to try this command NETPLWIZ and tell me if you are able to create a new account with an administrator privilege. Follow this link to help you up,
    http://www.tutorialspoint.com/articles/create-manage-user-accounts-using-utility-netplwiz

Normally because you lost the admin privilege you won't be able to create an account. If you do that does mean you have admin local account which can help to create your Microsoft account. Give me a feedback

GoodLuck

TaliumTitanlium, Dec 20, 2018
  4. I have lost administrative privileges. There is no way for me to get them back. Now what?

Administrative Privileges lost on my Windows 10 pc

Hi,

We understand that you are you currently lost an administrative privileges in your computer. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Where there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are there new updates installed to your computer?
    • What issues are you experiencing when enabling the hidden administrative account?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

I have lost administrative privileges. There is no way for me to get them back. Now what?

1. I have lost administrative privileges. There is no way for me to get them back. Now what? - Similar Threads - lost administrative privileges

2. How do I get administrator privileges back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get administrator privileges back?: Right now the only administrator account on my windows 11 laptop is the built-in one. I need to get my administrator privileges back but can't find a way to do so. How would I be able to get administrator privileges back? Or how could I get my built-in administrator password...
  3. How do I get administrator privileges back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get administrator privileges back?: Right now the only administrator account on my windows 11 laptop is the built-in one. I need to get my administrator privileges back but can't find a way to do so. How would I be able to get administrator privileges back? Or how could I get my built-in administrator password...
  4. Took my administrative privileges on accident and now I can't get them back.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Took my administrative privileges on accident and now I can't get them back.: I have tried to reset windows completely, can't do it without admin permissions. The only account on the laptop is my current account. I've tried doing net user administrator /active:yes but just get "Access is denied". Can't use any administrator apps, can't partition my USB...
  5. I, the administrator, do not have administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I, the administrator, do not have administrative privileges: So I'm trying to download some plugins for Cubase 10.5, but every time I try to save the actual plugin in the VST3 file it says "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." Ok, whatever, I right click the file location and edit properties, then permissions,...
  6. Lost Administrator privileges

Lost Administrator privileges: I randomly lost my administrator privileges and I am 100% sure I was a administrator since it's my computer and I was the only user up until a few days ago. I was able to access everything just fine. I created a user for my sister a few days ago and now I am just noticing...
  7. What are Administrator Privileges? How did I lose them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What are Administrator Privileges? How did I lose them?: I recently had to replace the hard drive on my computer and reinstall Windows 10. I apparently lost several settings in the process and I've had problems with Windows 10 ever since. 1. I cannot save pdfs except to an "Owner" file, unlike before. 2. I have no idea what...
  8. lost all my administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost all my administrative privileges: i had logged into my windows 10 with my microsoft account.then it became nearly impossible to remove this account from my pc so that i set up a local account now.since that day all the yes button are grayed out .i cant change my account typt, nothing .i have done everything...
  9. Removed myself from Administrative privileges and now I can't get it back (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removed myself from Administrative privileges and now I can't get it back (Windows 10): Hi, I have recently restored my Surface Book and everything seems to be working fine until I accidentally removed my user account as an administrator account through the local group policy editor. It is now a standard user and the issue is it is the only account present in...
  10. Administrator privilege lost

Administrator privilege lost: After 5 years as owner/single user of my W10 desktop, now I cannot access Device Manager. I get "This app has been blocked for your protection". Could a recent update have caused this? How can I reclaim my administrator's privileges?...