Windows 10: I HAVE LOST ALL MY FILES AFTER A FORCED UPDATE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 10

Discus and support I HAVE LOST ALL MY FILES AFTER A FORCED UPDATE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; At the request of Microsoft, I installed Windows 10 on my 7 year old laptop after Windows 8 became defunct. This process took 2.5 days to complete and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SallyRamshaw, May 22, 2020.

1. I HAVE LOST ALL MY FILES AFTER A FORCED UPDATE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 10

At the request of Microsoft, I installed Windows 10 on my 7 year old laptop after Windows 8 became defunct. This process took 2.5 days to complete and numerous calls to 3 technicians. Finally yesterday afternoon, Windows 10 was successfully installed but all my files have gone missing. That's 7 years worth of photos, videos and documents that I want back.

I have contacted Microsoft twice since the new update. The first phone call resulted in me being told someone would call me back to advise how to recover the files. The second call I was left on hold for nearly an hour waiting to be put through to the right department then the call disconnected.

How can I get this fixed before all the files disappear into cyberspace? I have attempted to follow the instructions regarding recovering files but cant even get past the first step because the tab I need to "click on" in computer management isn't even there!

Help!!

:)

SallyRamshaw, May 22, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, May 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, May 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I HAVE LOST ALL MY FILES AFTER A FORCED UPDATE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
Thema:

I HAVE LOST ALL MY FILES AFTER A FORCED UPDATE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 10

1. I HAVE LOST ALL MY FILES AFTER A FORCED UPDATE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - LOST FILES FORCED

2. forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.: Got stuck in the start up repair loop and was forced to reinstall windows from a flash drive and have lost everything. Is there anyway to get my files back? I didn’t know this would happen and lost some very important material. I run Windows 10....
  3. forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.: Got stuck in the start up repair loop and was forced to reinstall windows from a flash drive and have lost everything. Is there anyway to get my files back? I didn’t know this would happen and lost some very important material. I run Windows 10....
  4. forced to reinstall windows and lost all my files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lost Files in Forced Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Files in Forced Update: Windows did a forced update overnight so when I got onto my computer in the morning it was all messed up. It placed me into a temporary account which I wasn't aware of and I couldn't find my files/folders. When I did find them buried in another path I moved them into what I...
  6. Lost all files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all files after update: Hello, My computer recently did an update and now all my files are not there. My apps are still on the pc but they all need reinstalled. Also, when I look into the users folder there are only two files: TEMP &Public. And my profile isn't there. Even my wallpaper was...
  7. I lost all my filed after Windows 10 auto updated

I lost all my filed after Windows 10 auto updated: How do I recover my lost files after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-all-my-filed-after-windows-10-auto-updated/688a7a8b-1138-4b83-9808-411d0c8e6093
  8. Lost all my files after update the latest version of Windows 10

Lost all my files after update the latest version of Windows 10: Lost all my files after updating to the latest version of Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-my-files-after-update-the-latest-version/b402d64b-9f13-477a-ba1a-e720745911c4
  9. update windows 10 or all my files will be lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    update windows 10 or all my files will be lost: A message appeared in a popup window warning me that if I did not click the update now button all my files would be lost. I just closed the browser and it disappeared. I assume this is a scam of sorts and not a real threat....
  10. i have lost a file from my pictures in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have lost a file from my pictures in windows 10: I have lost a file in my pictures windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-a-file-from-my-pictures-in-windows-10/3b250c69-d0d4-48f6-8b18-1076aff96af7"