Windows 10: I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

Discus and support I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. Everything was just fine until did a restart after an upgrade. Now all I can get is the following message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Herman_jr, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Herman_jr Win User

I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. Everything was just fine until did a restart after an upgrade. Now all I can get is the following message. "Your PC did not start correctly. " Press restart, to restart your PC, which sometimes fix the problem. You can also press Advanced options to try other options to repair your PC". I then go to the Advanced options screens and each will fail and put me right back to the above statement

I also took the Drive out of my desktop and hooked it up to my wife's laptop so I could see whats on the drive and it appears that the "C" drive is there but it has been renamed The following, (CI have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. :) (DI have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. :) That's all that is showing for what appears to be my original drive.

I need some help or advice. Right now my computer is basically non functioning and I am using my wife's laptop.

Thanks, Herm_jr

:)

Herman_jr, Aug 10, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 10, 2019
  4. I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

1. I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. - Similar Threads - lost Drive Dell

2. I lost my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I lost my Desktop: I lost my Desktop after making changes in The Task Manager. My Laptop is booting up very slow and Firefox was starting very slow without anything to even show me that it was working. I changed things from startup to startup Delayed also somethings were disabled and were...
  3. I have lost my music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have lost my music files: My music files are still on my Apple Nano and Apple iPhone 8+, but main music choices that were on my Windows laptop have disappeared.???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-music-files/94e9328d-751f-4c03-9c0d-d2a08bfba967"
  4. I have lost permissions to my only hard drive

I have lost permissions to my only hard drive: My laptop has been having some problems since I got it. First It was owned by a friend of my dad, then by my dad and now by me. I think It's a acer aspire 5742Z, the specs are the same and looks pretty much the same. So the computer is slow and I wanted to reset it to...
  5. I seem to have lost my touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I seem to have lost my touch: I cannot get touch and inking to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC's touch screen. I have used it before, but now I cannot remember if I have missed out something to activate it again. I can draw and scribble with the mouse but not with my (basic) stylus or fingers, either in the...
  6. hey i have lost my wifi

hey i have lost my wifi: hey i have lost my wifi it doesn't even show that i have wifi i had to do a reset after the reset no wifi help!! i have a lenovo H515 running windows 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-have-lost-my-wifi/86aa119b-c24c-44b5-b6e2-784adc41c021
  7. accidently my drive is formatted and I have lost my all data including

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    accidently my drive is formatted and I have lost my all data including: Hello everyone, I have recently purchased I-life ZEDNOTE 14I 12v laptop with windows 10 pre installed os but accidently my drive is formatted and I have lost my all data including OS. Later on I have tried to boot my pc but I shows no bootable device detected error message....
  8. I have lost the contents of my desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have lost the contents of my desktop: I have lost the contents of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-the-contents-of-my-desktop/21002894-acb9-472c-857a-cf48b99d3cb2
  9. I have lost my Desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my Desktop Windows 10: I have loaded my laptop today and can only access my Desktop through file explorer, the background image and icons seem to have disappeared. Every time I want to jump through programs, e.g. outlook to excel, or just shutting down an excel sheet the whole system goes straight...
  10. Lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my desktop: Dell tablet with Windows 10. This morning I turned on the tablet and checked the local weather. All done. Turned off tablet. Turned it on a couple hrs later, no desktop icons showing, no apps showing. Just have desktop picture showing. I can access internet and file manager...