Windows 10: I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

Discus and support I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. Everything was just fine until did a restart after an upgrade. Now all I can get is the following message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Herman_jr, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Herman_jr Win User

I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. Everything was just fine until did a restart after an upgrade. Now all I can get is the following message. "Your PC did not start correctly. " Press restart, to restart your PC, which sometimes fix the problem. You can also press Advanced options to try other options to repair your PC". I then go to the Advanced options screens and each will fail and put me right back to the above statement

I also took the Drive out of my desktop and hooked it up to my wife's laptop so I could see whats on the drive and it appears that the "C" drive is there but it has been renamed The following, (CI have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. :) (DI have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. :) That's all that is showing for what appears to be my original drive.

I need some help or advice. Right now my computer is basically non functioning and I am using my wife's laptop.

Thanks, Herm_jr

:)

Herman_jr, Aug 10, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 10, 2019
  4. I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

1. I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. - Similar Threads - lost Drive Dell

2. I lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my desktop: I have lost my desktop. I was trying to fix a red x in front of my administrator icon which was not allowing me to access or do things on my computer, as i was searching for a fix I came across a fix see attached, it seemed helpful being many people seemed to help them. I...
  3. I lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my desktop: I have lost my desktop. I was trying to fix a red x in front of my administrator icon which was not allowing me to access or do things on my computer, as i was searching for a fix I came across a fix see attached, it seemed helpful being many people seemed to help them. I...
  4. I have lost my desktop settings etc

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my desktop settings etc: Hello, last week I logged in to my laptop as usual and found my desktop totally depleted, as if I was signing in as a guest. I had received a message about logging back out and in, and I am pretty sure I chose the option log out. The night before I: had to force the shutdown...
  5. i have problem with my c drive!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have problem with my c drive!!: hi i have some issues with my local C drive for example my C drive have 50 gb free then i downloaded 20 gb game on other drive called E: for strange reason now my C drive became 30 gb free why?? i deleted the game from drive E: but still 30 gb free space why??? its...
  6. I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop: Now every time I move something to my desktop it goes to my C drive and all the folders in the C drive are appearing on my desktop and I cant move them, is there a solution to this? Thanks...
  7. I have lost my desktop and my files

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have lost my desktop and my files: Never had this happen before. When I signed on, my previous desktop has disappeared. It is only showing a few icons, and the computer seems to have reverted to an earlier state. My Quicken, for example, no longer displays the data in it it is backed up. What happened?...
  8. I lost my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I lost my Desktop: I lost my Desktop after making changes in The Task Manager. My Laptop is booting up very slow and Firefox was starting very slow without anything to even show me that it was working. I changed things from startup to startup Delayed also somethings were disabled and were...
  9. I have lost the contents of my desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have lost the contents of my desktop: I have lost the contents of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-the-contents-of-my-desktop/21002894-acb9-472c-857a-cf48b99d3cb2
  10. I have lost my Desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my Desktop Windows 10: I have loaded my laptop today and can only access my Desktop through file explorer, the background image and icons seem to have disappeared. Every time I want to jump through programs, e.g. outlook to excel, or just shutting down an excel sheet the whole system goes straight...