Windows 10: I have lost my desktop settings etc

Discus and support I have lost my desktop settings etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, last week I logged in to my laptop as usual and found my desktop totally depleted, as if I was signing in as a guest. I had received a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chacin123, Aug 16, 2021.

1. chacin123 Win User

I have lost my desktop settings etc

Hello, last week I logged in to my laptop as usual and found my desktop totally depleted, as if I was signing in as a guest. I had received a message about logging back out and in, and I am pretty sure I chose the option log out. The night before I: had to force the shutdown of the laptop using the on off button. I have no more users in my laptop. The laptop appears as it it has all the files (memory usage) but all my files are now in Onedrive. Jut 15 min ago I purchased and downloaded a music recording software, I had to reboot the PC and when restarting I cannot access the program. Everytime time I restart it's as if I am a new user...very frustrating

:)

chacin123, Aug 16, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

1. I have lost my desktop settings etc - Similar Threads - lost desktop settings

2. I lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my desktop: I have lost my desktop. I was trying to fix a red x in front of my administrator icon which was not allowing me to access or do things on my computer, as i was searching for a fix I came across a fix see attached, it seemed helpful being many people seemed to help them. I...
  3. I lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my desktop: I have lost my desktop. I was trying to fix a red x in front of my administrator icon which was not allowing me to access or do things on my computer, as i was searching for a fix I came across a fix see attached, it seemed helpful being many people seemed to help them. I...
  4. Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop.: Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop. when I log on it says automatic repair and then offers various options. Under Advance Options nothing seems to work and I do not have an administrator on my desktop. What next please?...
  5. I have lost my desktop and my files

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have lost my desktop and my files: Never had this happen before. When I signed on, my previous desktop has disappeared. It is only showing a few icons, and the computer seems to have reverted to an earlier state. My Quicken, for example, no longer displays the data in it it is backed up. What happened?...
  6. I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.: I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. Everything was just fine until did a restart after an upgrade. Now all I can get is the following message. "Your PC did not start correctly. " Press restart, to restart your PC, which sometimes fix the problem. You can also press...
  7. I lost my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I lost my Desktop: I lost my Desktop after making changes in The Task Manager. My Laptop is booting up very slow and Firefox was starting very slow without anything to even show me that it was working. I changed things from startup to startup Delayed also somethings were disabled and were...
  8. I have lost the contents of my desktop

I have lost the contents of my desktop: I have lost the contents of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-the-contents-of-my-desktop/21002894-acb9-472c-857a-cf48b99d3cb2
  9. I have lost my Desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my Desktop Windows 10: I have loaded my laptop today and can only access my Desktop through file explorer, the background image and icons seem to have disappeared. Every time I want to jump through programs, e.g. outlook to excel, or just shutting down an excel sheet the whole system goes straight...
  10. Lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my desktop: Dell tablet with Windows 10. This morning I turned on the tablet and checked the local weather. All done. Turned off tablet. Turned it on a couple hrs later, no desktop icons showing, no apps showing. Just have desktop picture showing. I can access internet and file manager...