Windows 10: I have lost my music files

Discus and support I have lost my music files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My music files are still on my Apple Nano and Apple iPhone 8+, but main music choices that were on my Windows laptop have disappeared.????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TullyJohnstone, Jul 30, 2019.

1. I have lost my music files

My music files are still on my Apple Nano and Apple iPhone 8+, but main music choices that were on my Windows laptop have disappeared.????

:)

TullyJohnstone, Jul 30, 2019

2. Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 30, 2019
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Jul 30, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

I have lost my music files

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

I have lost my music files

1. I have lost my music files - Similar Threads - lost music files

2. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files: My Dell Inspiron 3670 needed a new motherboard. The tech came and put one in. Now I have lost almost every single music file I had downloaded and Groove Music is no longer appearing as a program on my computer.I didn't ask for the files to be associated with Groove Music...
  3. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files: My Dell Inspiron 3670 needed a new motherboard. The tech came and put one in. Now I have lost almost every single music file I had downloaded and Groove Music is no longer appearing as a program on my computer.I didn't ask for the files to be associated with Groove Music...
  4. Groove Music Deleted and Lost Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lost music

lost music: on laptop last night and 3/4 of my music gone from windows media player and groove music. artwork for albums also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-music/afa8b584-5fd8-4496-91d5-285aa25a2dde
  6. I have lost my desktop and my files

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have lost my desktop and my files: Never had this happen before. When I signed on, my previous desktop has disappeared. It is only showing a few icons, and the computer seems to have reverted to an earlier state. My Quicken, for example, no longer displays the data in it it is backed up. What happened?...
  7. Is microsoft prepared to pay for all the music files they have lost ?????

Is microsoft prepared to pay for all the music files they have lost ?????: Microsoft customers have paid out of their pockets for hundreds of music file and you think it is alright to destroy them. to have that kind of thinking is not our why of life or the way we have taught our children!!! The attitude you are using reminds me of the video some...
  8. Lost music

Lost music: I have a load of CD and pirated music on my computer somewhere but can't locate it. Itunes no longer shows the non-itunes songs. I would like to find them on the computer so I can import them again to itunes......
  9. Lost music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost music: I am using another pc now. all the music I bought from iStore are no longer shown on the pc I am currently using please help. BS Nkosi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/lost-music/856db2b9-e855-4f1a-ab83-1a78db2e2b23
  10. Lost all my music !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all my music !!: Can someone please help. I have downloaded Windows 10 and can't play any of my music which was on media player or I tunes as it is unsupported. I am not computer savvy. If I uninstall Windows 10 will I get my music back? *cry 17573