Windows 10: I have lost my thumbnails.

Discus and support I have lost my thumbnails. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have lost my thumbnails. Everything is icons. I have checked all settings. Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CathyBush1, Nov 25, 2021.

1. I have lost my thumbnails.

I have lost my thumbnails. Everything is icons. I have checked all settings. Please help

:)

CathyBush1, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 25, 2021
  4. I have lost my thumbnails.

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

I have lost my thumbnails.

1. I have lost my thumbnails. - Similar Threads - lost thumbnails

2. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  3. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  4. My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...

My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...: My laptop is lost and when I try to find ut through find my device it says can't find since t hasn't been used fkr the past 30 days which is true. How can I find it? And it showes my battery percentage is 0 as well....
  5. I have lost my thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have lost my thumbnails.: I have lost my thumbnails. Everything is icons. I have checked all settings. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-thumbnails/a08e92a6-127d-48c6-8b60-806bf0aa8910
  6. I have lost my thumbnails.

I have lost my thumbnails.: I have lost my thumbnails. Everything is icons. I have checked all settings. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-thumbnails/a08e92a6-127d-48c6-8b60-806bf0aa8910
  7. Windows Explorer lost the ability to create video thumbnails, after an unexpected Windows...

Windows Explorer lost the ability to create video thumbnails, after an unexpected Windows...: Greetings, "Windows Explorer" seems to have lost the ability to create thumbnails for video files, after an unexpected memory shutdown. After the shutdown, Windows seemingly erased the thumbnail cache and I had to recreate it, but now it doesn't create thumbnails for any...
  8. Lost thumbnails to photos

Lost thumbnails to photos: Please help, my photos saved on the computes are in place but just plain icons, no thumbnails. Alot of photos did get deleted somewhere else in the computer during Backup and Sync, but they were backup of a backup. But now I only see the plain icons and not the little...
  9. Lost Permissions, Shortcuts, Thumbnails, etc...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Permissions, Shortcuts, Thumbnails, etc...: So my PC is behaving very strangely. It all started when I accidentally, permanently deleted some video clips I didn't mean to delete. I shut down the PC, removed the hard drive, and installed it into another, Windows 7 PC, as a secondary HDD. I used EaseUS data recovery...
  10. Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.: I had some invisible icons on my taskbar (not all of them, seems to be only windows apps) and I tried an online fix which suggested deleting the icon cache. However, this didn't work and now I have no thumbnails for any of my files so I can't tell what anything is. Very...