Windows 10: I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

Discus and support I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried the %appdata% -> Local -> Temp and then Date Modified but as I open each file into WordPad it just comes up with symbols. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elysia Chambers, May 25, 2023.

1. I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

I have tried the %appdata% -> Local -> Temp and then Date Modified but as I open each file into WordPad it just comes up with symbols. I have tried going to the WordPad Recent Documents which also doesn't show my unsaved course work.I have also tried WordPad properties -> Previous Versions and nothing comes up.I will usually save my work knowing that WordPad doesn't autosave but for some reason I didn't this time and it's so important to somehow retrieve my work back except I don't know if thats possible? Please help. Urgent.

:)

Elysia Chambers, May 25, 2023

2. Lost information from an unsaved Wordpad window - any way to restore?

Hello @Alfred001,

Oh dear.

These MIGHT help, although as the computer Restarted I am doubtful . . .

> HOW TO RECOVER UNSAVED WORD PAD FILE
    > How to Recover Unsaved or Deleted Wordpad Document
    > How to Recover WordPad Document on Windows 11/10/8.1/8

I REALLY do hope these will help !

Paul Black, May 25, 2023
  3. JERRYHAP Win User
    Recover 'Unsaved' Document Folder

How can I navigate to my Recover Unsaved Documents folder in Word 2007. I closed my document last night before saving as I see that there is a folder that I save too every 10 minutes but can't navigate to it. THERE clearly IS a method and is available
    for Word 2010, but how can I navigate if I still have 2007. When I foolow the steps listed on Support/Microsoft - the folder it navigates to is the Start Up Folder?

HELP. I'm assuming it's a lost cause, but maybe there's a glimmer of hope somehow, somewhere?

JERRYHAP, May 25, 2023
  4. WillyBo Win User

I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

Recover unsaved wordpad document?

If you are as greedy as I am you better look up for free software! I used to find a lot of reviews of that kind of softwares. But I remember only two that would work for Windows - Recuva and Disk Drill https://www.cleverfiles.com/recover-unsaved-word-excel.html

WillyBo, May 25, 2023
Thema:

I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

1. I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT - Similar Threads - lost unsaved WordPad

2. how can i recover my unsave document?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i recover my unsave document?: how can I recover my unsave document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-my-unsave-document/51703069-dc29-4c43-8905-ae7dec5c4b01
  3. how can i recover my unsave document?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i recover my unsave document?: how can I recover my unsave document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-my-unsave-document/51703069-dc29-4c43-8905-ae7dec5c4b01
  4. I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT: I have tried the %appdata% -> Local -> Temp and then Date Modified but as I open each file into WordPad it just comes up with symbols. I have tried going to the WordPad Recent Documents which also doesn't show my unsaved course work.I have also tried WordPad properties ->...
  5. I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT

I have lost my unsaved WordPad document due to an automatic update - How to recover? URGENT: I have tried the %appdata% -> Local -> Temp and then Date Modified but as I open each file into WordPad it just comes up with symbols. I have tried going to the WordPad Recent Documents which also doesn't show my unsaved course work.I have also tried WordPad properties ->...
  6. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...: My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but it is in log format and only shows code I have changed to ODT and it is still the same...
  7. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...: My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but it is in log format and only shows code I have changed to ODT and it is still the same...
  8. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

9. My laptop froze while working on unsaved wordpad document. I have recovered temp file but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Recover unsaved wordpad document?

Recover unsaved wordpad document?: ooops i clicked no instead of cancel while trying to save a document... the computer didnt crash or anything and hasnt been rebooted since. is this file by any chance recoverable? 27877