Windows 10: I have lost my Windows 10 installation!

Discus and support I have lost my Windows 10 installation! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop with 2 internal HDs I used to use the second drive to clone my first drive. Then I decided I would like to install Linux Mint on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrankBelch, May 8, 2020.

1. I have lost my Windows 10 installation!

I have a laptop with 2 internal HDs I used to use the second drive to clone my first drive. Then I decided I would like to install Linux Mint on the second drive which I did successfully. Then my sister bought a Google Chromebook and she was unable to grasp how to use it. Because we are in lockdown I couldn't go round to her house so I thought I would install Chromium OS on my second drive to replace the existing Linux installation. This was so we could use facetime on our iPads and I could show her how to use Chrome OS. Still with me? Well instead of the installation replacing my Linux on the second drive it replaced my Windows 10 installation on the first drive!!!!

My question is how do I get back my Windows 10? I downloaded a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft but can't find any way of using it. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks . . . . Frank

:)

FrankBelch, May 8, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 8, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 8, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

I have lost my Windows 10 installation!

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 8, 2020
Thema:

I have lost my Windows 10 installation!

1. I have lost my Windows 10 installation! - Similar Threads - lost installation

2. Lost product key before install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost product key before install: I lost my new windows 11 product key before installing on a new computer. I purchased it on Amazon. I have the box with the box with the SKU etc on it. How can I find my product key?...
  3. Lost product key before install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost product key before install: I lost my new windows 11 product key before installing on a new computer. I purchased it on Amazon. I have the box with the box with the SKU etc on it. How can I find my product key?...
  4. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...: I have been unable to run windows updates since December 2023/January 2024 now continously getting "Install error - 0x80070643". I have tried running update troubleshooter running the DSIM and SFC commands but that did not help. I also followed directions on resizing the...
  5. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...: I have been unable to run windows updates since December 2023/January 2024 now continously getting "Install error - 0x80070643". I have tried running update troubleshooter running the DSIM and SFC commands but that did not help. I also followed directions on resizing the...
  6. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I tried to upgrade to windows 11 through the installation assistant but then it lost...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to upgrade to windows 11 through the installation assistant but then it lost...: I tried to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 through the windows 11 installation tool but the network disconnected halfway through the update so I forcefully shut down my laptop and now it keeps saying undoing changes made to computer and I don't have any restore points what do I...
  8. I tried to upgrade to windows 11 through the installation assistant but then it lost...

I tried to upgrade to windows 11 through the installation assistant but then it lost...: I tried to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 through the windows 11 installation tool but the network disconnected halfway through the update so I forcefully shut down my laptop and now it keeps saying undoing changes made to computer and I don't have any restore points what do I...
  9. what can i do if i purchased home 11 and lost my product key before installing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what can i do if i purchased home 11 and lost my product key before installing it?: I PURCHASED WINDOWS HOME 11 TO INSTALL IN A COMPUTER BUILD BUT I DIDNT GET TO INSTALL CAUSE MOTHERBOARD WAS FAULTY BUT I OPENED THE PRODUCT INSERTED THE USB ON THE COMPUTER BEFORE TURNING IT ON AND REALISING THE COMPUTER WASNT GOING TO TURN ON, NOW I REPLACED MOTHERBOARD AND...
  10. what can i do if i purchased home 11 and lost my product key before installing it?

what can i do if i purchased home 11 and lost my product key before installing it?: I PURCHASED WINDOWS HOME 11 TO INSTALL IN A COMPUTER BUILD BUT I DIDNT GET TO INSTALL CAUSE MOTHERBOARD WAS FAULTY BUT I OPENED THE PRODUCT INSERTED THE USB ON THE COMPUTER BEFORE TURNING IT ON AND REALISING THE COMPUTER WASNT GOING TO TURN ON, NOW I REPLACED MOTHERBOARD AND...