Windows 10: I have lost sound on my laptop

Discus and support I have lost sound on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to get sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-sound-on-my-laptop/cb44026b-2449-493e-a80f-8332886895ae Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CLIVEEVANS2, Apr 20, 2021.

1. I have lost sound on my laptop

Unable to get sound

:)

CLIVEEVANS2, Apr 20, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I have lost sound on my laptop :p

cadaveca, Apr 20, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 20, 2021
  4. I have lost sound on my laptop

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

I have lost sound on my laptop

1. I have lost sound on my laptop - Similar Threads - lost sound laptop

2. I have lost sound on my lenovo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost sound on my lenovo: I have lost sound on some video programmes on my Lenovo. Strangely, the video describing how to fix the problem has sound. An instruction video for a product repair I need to do not a laptop repair has no sound, and while watching Escape to the Country on BBC I lost sound. My...
  3. I have lost sound on my lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost sound on my lenovo: I have lost sound on some video programmes on my Lenovo. Strangely, the video describing how to fix the problem has sound. An instruction video for a product repair I need to do not a laptop repair has no sound, and while watching Escape to the Country on BBC I lost sound. My...
  4. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  5. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  6. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have lost all sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost all sound on my laptop: I've lost all the sound on my laptop * Moved from Virus & Malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-all-sound-on-my-laptop/372ab1e6-8cf3-4b45-ba1d-24c21e896379
  8. I have lost all sound on my laptop

I have lost all sound on my laptop: I've lost all the sound on my laptop * Moved from Virus & Malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-all-sound-on-my-laptop/372ab1e6-8cf3-4b45-ba1d-24c21e896379
  9. I have lost all sound on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have lost all sound on my laptop: I've lost all the sound on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-lost-all-sound-on-my-laptop/372ab1e6-8cf3-4b45-ba1d-24c21e896379
  10. I have lost the sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have lost the sound.: Hi, I have a Sony Vaio which is 6 years old now. Tonight I tried to enhance the sound on watching a film on Now TV and some how I seem to have deleted or unplugged the speakers! ( They are internal speakers ) I have tried running the sound diagnostics with no result....