Windows 10: I have lost the contents of my desktop

Discus and support I have lost the contents of my desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have lost the contents of my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeithTucker2, Nov 13, 2018.

1. I have lost the contents of my desktop

I have lost the contents of my desktop

:)

KeithTucker2, Nov 13, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 13, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

Thema:

1. I have lost the contents of my desktop - Similar Threads - lost contents desktop

2. I lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my desktop: I have lost my desktop. I was trying to fix a red x in front of my administrator icon which was not allowing me to access or do things on my computer, as i was searching for a fix I came across a fix see attached, it seemed helpful being many people seemed to help them. I...
  3. I lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my desktop: I have lost my desktop. I was trying to fix a red x in front of my administrator icon which was not allowing me to access or do things on my computer, as i was searching for a fix I came across a fix see attached, it seemed helpful being many people seemed to help them. I...
  4. Windows Mail boxes have lost their contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail boxes have lost their contents: I have been using windows 10 and Windows Mail for emailing for years. I have about 35 mail boxes into which a save email messages I wish to keep. Suddenly, they have all been emptied and the contents not visible. The message says "Nothing has arrived yet". What has caused...
  5. I have lost my desktop settings etc

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my desktop settings etc: Hello, last week I logged in to my laptop as usual and found my desktop totally depleted, as if I was signing in as a guest. I had received a message about logging back out and in, and I am pretty sure I chose the option log out. The night before I: had to force the shutdown...
  6. Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop.: Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop. when I log on it says automatic repair and then offers various options. Under Advance Options nothing seems to work and I do not have an administrator on my desktop. What next please?...
  7. Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop?: Was alarmed to find this evening that even though onedrive was uninstalled from my PC the second I ran windows for the first time, ther eis actually gigabites of data in a one drive folder in my home folder. Naturally I deleted them, thats why I uninstalled onedrive. Now...
  8. I have lost my desktop and my files

I have lost my desktop and my files: Never had this happen before. When I signed on, my previous desktop has disappeared. It is only showing a few icons, and the computer seems to have reverted to an earlier state. My Quicken, for example, no longer displays the data in it it is backed up. What happened?...
  9. I lost my Desktop

I lost my Desktop: I lost my Desktop after making changes in The Task Manager. My Laptop is booting up very slow and Firefox was starting very slow without anything to even show me that it was working. I changed things from startup to startup Delayed also somethings were disabled and were...
  10. I have lost my Desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my Desktop Windows 10: I have loaded my laptop today and can only access my Desktop through file explorer, the background image and icons seem to have disappeared. Every time I want to jump through programs, e.g. outlook to excel, or just shutting down an excel sheet the whole system goes straight...