Windows 10: i have made multiple copies of same wifi network from my laptop

Discus and support i have made multiple copies of same wifi network from my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a hidden wifi network from my router, lets says its 'cat' i have by mistaken done something now on my laptoponly in my laptop its showing cat1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sudeep santra, Apr 29, 2020.

1. i have made multiple copies of same wifi network from my laptop

i have a hidden wifi network from my router, lets says its 'cat' i have by mistaken done something now on my laptoponly in my laptop its showing cat1 and cat2.

I want them to be deleted to keep only the cat network

thanks in advance very very much

:)

sudeep santra, Apr 29, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, May 23, 2020
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    Laptop WiFi question

You're correct I was a few beers in and it was like 6am.. It can only use one component per network.

ShiBDiB, May 23, 2020
  4. i have made multiple copies of same wifi network from my laptop

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 23, 2020
Thema:

i have made multiple copies of same wifi network from my laptop

1. i have made multiple copies of same wifi network from my laptop - Similar Threads - made multiple copies

2. My WiFi keeps disconneting from network and I have to mannually reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WiFi keeps disconneting from network and I have to mannually reconnect: My WIFI keeps disconnecting from network and I have to manually reconnect. What can I do to correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-keeps-disconneting-from-network-and-i-have/647f403b-1fd0-4816-afe0-8254c3d40e8a
  3. My Laptop can't see my wifi network

My Laptop can't see my wifi network: I have a very frustrating one. I had a problem with my wireless Router, so I bought a new one different model, I figured while I was spending the money I'd get a Wifi6 router so hopefully I'll be good for a good long while I installed it, and have it online. My old...
  4. Connection to PC on same network as my laptop

Connection to PC on same network as my laptop: Hi, I cannot see files on my wifes PC from my laptop. We are both on Windows 1909 mine 64 bits my wife's 32. We are using the same router. We used to be able to see each other files. I can see and use the printer connected to my wife's PC but no files only Users containing...
  5. Why do I find multiple copies of the same file in my File History Directory ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I find multiple copies of the same file in my File History Directory ?: I'm finding multiple copies of the same files in my File History Backup Directory ? Have I missed a switch ?? I don't have a lot of storage and I thought duplicate files would be skipped automagically. ANy advice would be appreciated. Ell...
  6. My Laptop disconnects from wifi network

My Laptop disconnects from wifi network: For a while my pc would disconnect from wifi network on its own itstarted out that way now it would disconnect and when i try to reconnect to my network it wouldn't reconnect and when i deactivate wifi altogether and reactivate it no wifi network would be detected sometimes...
  7. I have the same issue on my PC laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have the same issue on my PC laptop: please see the following link, it shows exactly what I'm dealing with. When I restarted my laptop it wasn't for any update, my hard drive only had around 15gb left. And to add extra details about my system, my RAM had been upgraded to the highest capacity....
  8. Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?: A friend gave me a 22" monitor that has only VGA and DVI inputs. My main monitor has only DVI and HDMI. I currently am using DVI for my main monitor and HDMI for a HDMI-only second monitor (actually a cheap lo-res small TV). My main monitor doesn't accept HDMI and my...
  9. I have multiple networks of the same name and they just keep coming

I have multiple networks of the same name and they just keep coming: [img] [img] the funny thing is with the last picture is that my i didnt have my router up and running at that time (btw this "suojattu" means protected and "yhdistetty" means connected) 64011
  10. Multiple Network (wifi+eth) Configuration

Multiple Network (wifi+eth) Configuration: Hay all.. I got my w10 x64 both alway active wifi (internet) and ethernet (intranet on my office). How to set specific app using specifi network. Let say my outlook using ethernet and my chrome using wifi. Before i use forcebindip but it seems no longer working on 10. Thanks...