Windows 10: I have many questions about Windows 10.

Discus and support I have many questions about Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JerryDwyer, Apr 18, 2019.

1. I have many questions about Windows 10.

Split from this thread.​

I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD. Here goes . . . Do I have to delete everything on my computer, to then do the install? Or will be done during the install?
    How do I partition my computer? I now have a C: drive and a D: drive and would like to set in up that way. Will I be asked these questions, while I'm installing the new OS?
    I want to create a computer name (Jerry Dwyer). To show up everywhere. The Lock Screen for example. I use a USB Flash drive. Will if show-up as the F: drive? ( I have a DVD drive using EI have many questions about Windows 10. :) Will the USB drive, show up or will I have to search for it?
    And as far as passwords go. Will I be able to set or create a password that doesn't require minimum characters, upper case, lower case, a capital letter and a special character. Can I install and setup my computer, not to require these things?
    Well that's it . . . I'm sure I'll think of more issues? But, I asked enough for now. I'll wait to see if you ever get this? Please reply to this email or you can put it the Geeks forum if you want?
    Thanks . . . Jerry Dwyer . . . in Kansas City Missouri​

:)

JerryDwyer, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

I have many questions about Windows 10.

Delta6326, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

I have many questions about Windows 10.

1. I have many questions about Windows 10. - Similar Threads - many questions

2. Malwarebytes exploit block. I have many questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes exploit block. I have many questions.: I was doing fine today as normal on my computer and shut it off to go to work. Usual stuff I would do.When I got home I turned on my computer and suddenly Malwarebytes stopped an exploit attack when I got onto my main desktop. I am a little concerned that this exploit may...
  3. Malwarebytes exploit block. I have many questions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes exploit block. I have many questions.: I was doing fine today as normal on my computer and shut it off to go to work. Usual stuff I would do.When I got home I turned on my computer and suddenly Malwarebytes stopped an exploit attack when I got onto my main desktop. I am a little concerned that this exploit may...
  4. Device manager question. What are the many things in network adaptor section of device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager question. What are the many things in network adaptor section of device manager.: Please explain, what is many things in network adaptor section of device manager. * Moved from Community Center* Original title: Device manager question...
  5. Device manager question. What are the many things in network adaptor section of device manager.

Device manager question. What are the many things in network adaptor section of device manager.: Please explain, what is many things in network adaptor section of device manager. * Moved from Community Center* Original title: Device manager question...
  6. Question: How do I delete my old Windows 11 PC backups since I had to reset my PC many...

Question: How do I delete my old Windows 11 PC backups since I had to reset my PC many...: I just want my current list of apps and all to select to restore from my backups when I set up Windows 11. I know the Microsoft Store will get better each year I experience, and it doesn't matter how far behind it is from Apple, Google, or even Samsung's or Amazon's....
  7. Question: How do I delete my old Windows 11 PC backups since I had to reset my PC many...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: How do I delete my old Windows 11 PC backups since I had to reset my PC many...: I just want my current list of apps and all to select to restore from my backups when I set up Windows 11. I know the Microsoft Store will get better each year I experience, and it doesn't matter how far behind it is from Apple, Google, or even Samsung's or Amazon's....
  8. question to Microsoft official developers: why so many mandatory updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    question to Microsoft official developers: why so many mandatory updates?: Hello. Why Microsoft dont understand that most people don't want be forced to updates? Why isnt like it was windows 7 that I could update only if I want? I still have one machine pc with windows 7 nowdays and the pc run perfectly and better! I'm having a so bad experience...
  9. question to Microsoft official developers: why so many mandatory updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question to Microsoft official developers: why so many mandatory updates?: Hello. Why Microsoft dont understand that most people don't want be forced to updates? Why isnt like it was windows 7 that I could update only if I want? I still have one machine pc with windows 7 nowdays and the pc run perfectly and better! The notebook pc with windows 10 is...
  10. question to Microsoft official developers: why so many mandatory updates?

question to Microsoft official developers: why so many mandatory updates?: Hello. Why Microsoft dont understand that most people don't want be forced to updates? Why isnt like it was windows 7 that I could update only if I want? I still have one machine pc with windows 7 nowdays and the pc run perfectly and better! The notebook pc with windows 10 is...