Windows 10: I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR

Discus and support I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have messed around with the monitor colour management calibration settings and now I cannot use HDR playback What I mean is I can’t change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelPelling, Jan 24, 2023.

1. I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR

I have messed around with the monitor colour management calibration settings and now I cannot use HDR playback What I mean is I can’t change the settings to use HDR

:)

MichaelPelling, Jan 24, 2023
  2. PDRHDR Win User

HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor

I have an Aorus AD27QD (HDR) monitor as my primary display and an ultrawide 34UM88-P (Non-HDR) as my secondary. If HDR is enabled in windows and I go to a full screen video on the non-HDR monitor after a few seconds it will flicker blue then become severely
    washed out. Coming out of full screen fixes this. If HDR is not enabled full screen shows the colors perfectly normally.

Secondarily, with windows HDR on on the Aorus, the colors dim pretty drastically. HDR content great but anything that isnt HDR is dim enough to make me question if my brightness is turned down. (Its not, its 90/100). The white of a plain browser window
    seems so dim its nearly grey. I also tested this on what I know is a particularly vibrant (non-HDR) . HDR on? Terrible and muted. HDR off? Bright and vibrant.

I have played with in-monitor settings, nvidia control panel, factory reset of monitor, basically everything I can think of. Everything points to it being a windows issue.

I also tried out the suggestions from this post. And it pointed me to this
    set of OS release notes
    which didnt solve my issue either.

I could really use some help because I am really feeling like I wasted my money on this monitor.

PC:

i5 7600k

GTX 1080ti

16GB 3000Hz Corsair RAM

Windows, CPU and GPU on latest drivers available.

Monitors:

LG 34UM88-P (HDMI)

Aorus AD27QD (DisplayPort)

PDRHDR, Jan 24, 2023
  3. rmilyard Win User
    Windows 10 and Samsung CHG70 32” HDR monitor

I have the lastest version of Windows 10 fully updated as of today and current version of Nvidia drivers. I have SLI Asus Strix 1080 cards.

The monitor is 2560x1440 @ 144hz with HDR. I can enable HDR in display settings. Monitor shows DisplayPort HDR.

So when I try play World of Warcraft and as soon as i click mouse button the display blacks out and goes to saying DisplayPort and not HDR. Colors are at this point messed up. If I alt-tab out and back into game its fine till click mouse again. If I turn
    off HDR in display settings it seems fine. If WoW does not support it why does it start with on? Not sure how to fix this.

Next issue. With HDR on again and run Resident Evil 7 which I believe supports HDR the option in game settings for HDR is greyed out.

Anyone have suggestions?

rmilyard, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Jacob816 Win User

I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR

Setting up HDR on external monitor

Hi just got an HDR capable monitor, a
    U2718q
    , and am using an HDR capable GPU (GeForce 1070). However, Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize it as an HDR capable display. I followed the guide

HDR and advanced color settings in Windows 10
    , and it says that HDR is not supported. Any idea how to fix that? It's an HDR capable monitor, hooked up via DisplayPort to an HDR capable GPU. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1709, OS Build 16299.64 (just
    updated it today), and also have the latest graphics card driver.

Any ideas what to do?

Jacob816, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR

1. I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR - Similar Threads - messed monitor settings

2. I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.: I have tried unplugging my monitor many times, i switched out my cables, and still not working on my pc. It is not the monitor berceuse i tried it on a laptop and it worked. the monitor turns off fast so I cannot see if the HDR settings are still on or not....
  3. I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.: I have tried unplugging my monitor many times, i switched out my cables, and still not working on my pc. It is not the monitor berceuse i tried it on a laptop and it worked. the monitor turns off fast so I cannot see if the HDR settings are still on or not....
  4. I enabled my HDR button in settings, I have a second monitor, this went blank. I then saw...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I enabled my HDR button in settings, I have a second monitor, this went blank. I then saw...: I went into settings > display > and enabled the HDR button. I have a set up of a second screen, this immediately went blank.I could not see any options to disable the HDR as it has disappeared.What should I do.I have an LG ultra wide monitor....
  5. I enabled my HDR button in settings, I have a second monitor, this went blank. I then saw...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I enabled my HDR button in settings, I have a second monitor, this went blank. I then saw...: I went into settings > display > and enabled the HDR button. I have a set up of a second screen, this immediately went blank.I could not see any options to disable the HDR as it has disappeared.What should I do.I have an LG ultra wide monitor....
  6. I enabled my HDR button in settings, I have a second monitor, this went blank. I then saw...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR: I have messed around with the monitor colour management calibration settings and now I cannot use HDR playback What I mean is I can’t change the settings to use HDR...
  8. I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have messed about with my monitor settings and now it won’t use HDR: I have messed around with the monitor colour management calibration settings and now I cannot use HDR playback What I mean is I can’t change the settings to use HDR...
  9. Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.: I can't seem to get it to let me enable HDR no matter what I do. I'm definitely using HDR ready monitors (2 pixio px277 primes), I am using display port cables, I have an RTX 2080, and I've turned on 10 bpc color depth in the nvidia control panel. But in my system settings it...
  10. My Monitor Settings Are Messed Up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Monitor Settings Are Messed Up.: Split from this thread. My factory colors have changed and U can not see anything... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-monitor-settings-are-messed-up/8173aca1-3ee5-4ed2-b1f9-f5efc6b6a8be