Windows 10: I have micophone issues ever since I updated to version 1809

Discus and support I have micophone issues ever since I updated to version 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I decided that one day I was going to update to windows 10 latest version 1809. (I was previously on version 1803) After a few days of using the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Edward Berkley, Feb 16, 2019.

1. I have micophone issues ever since I updated to version 1809

I decided that one day I was going to update to windows 10 latest version 1809. (I was previously on version 1803) After a few days of using the new update. I was quite happy. The Audio was working perfectly as it should be. I can listen and watch videos and such without having any headphone issues. However, I decided to do a quick microphone test, by using audacity and playing back the track. All I get is a deep bass. I did a recording and what you hear in this video is coming from my microphone. I am not speaking at this time (The audio may be loud, so watch out): https://youtu.be/lwKYngcRyLE

My headphones work fine, not the microphone. I can confirm that I am having microphone issues due to the windows 10 1809 update. It's not the microphone itself that causing the issue. If the only solution was to roll back a previous version of Windows 10, I don't think I am able to do so via the settings option because it says: "This option is no longer available because your PC was updated more than 10 days ago".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Edward Berkley, Feb 16, 2019

2. Update to version 1809

Where can I find a list of the machines & software that are not compatible with version of 1809

SkipCowles, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Dan K Win User
    Edge browser stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)

Enabling the TCP/IPv6 on the adapter card fixed the issue for me. I did not have it enabled because my IP service provider does not use IPv6 and I had it disabled and Edge worked in that config until I updated to Windows 10 version 1809 in October. Spent several hours trying different suggestions that did not help. This fix took me 20 seconds to implement and get Edge connected to the internet.

Dan K, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Cr00zng Win User

I have micophone issues ever since I updated to version 1809

WMP for version 1809...

My Windows 10 N, version 1803 had used Windows Media Player via installing it from the "Windows_MediaFeaturePack_x64_1803.msu" file.

Updating to 1809 removed the WMP and no longer available in the apps list:

I have micophone issues ever since I updated to version 1809 [​IMG]

There's an updated version listed at:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-n-editions

But clicking on the link and looking for the 1809 in the drop down list of versions does not show the media feature pack available for download for 1809; instead it shows version 1709 and 1803.

Does anyone have a direct link to WMP for Windows 10 N, version 1809?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

I have micophone issues ever since I updated to version 1809

1. I have micophone issues ever since I updated to version 1809 - Similar Threads - micophone issues ever

2. My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...: My laptop stutters whenever I play games ever since the windows update. I have tried everything I can to fix it but it doesn't work. Asking why....
  3. My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games have been stuttering ever since the update, I have tried everything from...: My laptop stutters whenever I play games ever since the windows update. I have tried everything I can to fix it but it doesn't work. Asking why....
  4. I have an issue since the Photos update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue since the Photos update: Hi I have an issue since the Photos update, i shoot in Raw & Jpeg so when i connect up to my computer in the past and download my photos onto it it downloads both the raw & jpeg files, this morning i go to download the same way after the photos update and it will only...
  5. I have an issue since the Photos update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an issue since the Photos update: Hi I have an issue since the Photos update, i shoot in Raw & Jpeg so when i connect up to my computer in the past and download my photos onto it it downloads both the raw & jpeg files, this morning i go to download the same way after the photos update and it will only...
  6. I have an issue since the Photos update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Been having this issue ever since the February Culumitive update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been having this issue ever since the February Culumitive update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the Windows search bar. There seems to be an issue with the device history in the Windows 10 search bar which doesn't keep it up to date. Is anyone else having this issue?...
  8. I have gotten this error ever since updating to Windows 10 - 0x80096004

I have gotten this error ever since updating to Windows 10 - 0x80096004: Hello, I have recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I can now not update it any more. As well as this, it makes it so that I cannot update my graphics driver. I have ran the troubleshooter, but it was unable to help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...
  9. Computer bluescreens/freezes/crashes ever since it updated to version 1809

Computer bluescreens/freezes/crashes ever since it updated to version 1809: My computer has been completely stable since I installed Windows 10 well over a year ago, until the "Fall Feature Update" was installed by Windows Update around the beginning of April. Now, my system locks up, crashes, and bluescreens pretty much every day. Last week, I even...
  10. Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update: Every since I have installed the 2018 fall update I have been having trouble with very strange network connectivity problems. Usually the problem starts with me opening up a web browser such as Chrome or Firefox and navigating to a page for the first time in the last few...