Windows 10: I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that...

Discus and support I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Grasshoppa01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqap51/i_have_multiple_files_with_in_them_and_id_like_to/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Grasshoppa01, Mar 27, 2020.

1. I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that...

/u/Grasshoppa01, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DI have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that... :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DI have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that... :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Mar 27, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 27, 2020
  4. manoruz Win User

I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that...

Bat script to find and replace file in multiple subfolders

Hello Everyone

I've searched the forums for an answer specific to my current problem but can't seem to find the proper thing so sorry for opening a new thread (noob)

I need to create a bat file that will scan multiple folders on my second harddrive D:\- find a file called renamed1.sin - delete it and replace it with a similar file I already have which is smaller in size and has different attributes i.e read only
    The folder structure for the intended file is like this -
    User\documents\rmdw 13\command0\renamed1.sin

so the batch file would need to scan d:\ - find all instances of renamed1.sin - delete it and replace it with another renamed1.sin which is smaller and real only.

Any help will be greatly apprecaited

manoruz, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that...

1. I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that... - Similar Threads - multiple files I'd

2. I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.: Hi, recently my computer was infected with malware, but used MalwareBytes to delete some of them. However, my computer is still abnormally loud in the fans and I fear that I still have malware. What do I do? Running a scan using Windows Security will detect nothing, so I'm...
  3. I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.: Hi, recently my computer was infected with malware, but used MalwareBytes to delete some of them. However, my computer is still abnormally loud in the fans and I fear that I still have malware. What do I do? Running a scan using Windows Security will detect nothing, so I'm...
  4. Problem with files taking up space though I can't delete them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with files taking up space though I can't delete them.: After doing a system restore to fix a problem for some reason I lost 80 gigs of space, so as I searched up solutions and downloaded TreeSize to see where all my space is at, I found that a game which I have uninstalled through Xbox app and microsoft store is still on my pc...
  5. I'd like to know

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'd like to know: Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800,...
  6. Open File dialog cannot open multiple files if some but not all of them have paths that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File dialog cannot open multiple files if some but not all of them have paths that...: More of a bug report than a question... The native Open File dialog fails with the following error message when you try to open multiple files and some but not all of them have paths that exceed the max path length. "You can choose multiple items only if they are all...
  7. Copy files and *replace* them in another folder using CMD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy files and *replace* them in another folder using CMD?: Hello, I know there a multiple tutorials online about copying files from one place to another using command line. My question is, I want to copy one folder to another folder, only thing is I want the files inside it to be replaced directly, without any prompts asking for...
  8. Files and Folders have nothing I put in them but have this kind of stuff in them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files and Folders have nothing I put in them but have this kind of stuff in them: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root><SystemConfig><DEP OverrideDEP="false" EmulateAtlThunks="false" Enable="true"/><ASLR Enable="true" OverrideForceRelocateImages="false" ForceRelocateImages="false"/><ControlFlowGuard Enable="false" OverrideStrictCFG="false"...
  9. Have doc & data files on a cd Win 10 won't replace them

in Windows 10 Support
    Have doc & data files on a cd Win 10 won't replace them: I have always made a copy of folders and files on CDs which I periodically refresh. There are hundreds of them. Have tried to copy a folder, or even three files at a time to the CD and Win10 tells me that I don't have enough room on the disc. If I copy an individual file it...
  10. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.: I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one... Sorry; I'm new around here! I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive won't spin). I have a backup from April but would like to find newer the files if I can! I had upgraded the old one to...