Windows 10: I have multiple Recovery Partitions?

Discus and support I have multiple Recovery Partitions? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have noticed that my Windows 10 Pro has two Recovery Partitions, one of 450MB, the first partition, and another of 840MB as the last partition on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VGAglory, Apr 26, 2020.

1. VGAglory Win User

I have multiple Recovery Partitions?

I have noticed that my Windows 10 Pro has two Recovery Partitions, one of 450MB, the first partition, and another of 840MB as the last partition on my C: drive. I was just wondering why this might be? I include a screen shot from Disk Management below. Please ignore the 93.15GB of unallocated space. This is over-provisioning of my Nvme set by Samsung Magician.

I have multiple Recovery Partitions? b0be0e9b-b25f-494f-8ad6-e3ae8dfd6f0d?upload=true.png

:)

VGAglory, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Apr 26, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! I have multiple Recovery Partitions? :)

RyoTakagi, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I have multiple Recovery Partitions? - Similar Threads - multiple Recovery Partitions

2. Multiple recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple recovery partitions: I have multiple recoveryWinRE partitions on my windows 11 pro laptop, can anyone tell me why? if it helps, i recently did a repair upgrade because my start menu wasn't working, which fixed that problem, but before i did the repair upgrade, i made a new storage partition which...
  3. Multiple recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple recovery partitions: I have multiple recoveryWinRE partitions on my windows 11 pro laptop, can anyone tell me why? if it helps, i recently did a repair upgrade because my start menu wasn't working, which fixed that problem, but before i did the repair upgrade, i made a new storage partition which...
  4. Fix Multiple Recovery Partitions in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Multiple Recovery Partitions in Windows 11: [ATTACH]When you open the Disk Management app, you may find multiple Recovery Partitions. You may wonder why are there multiple Recovery Partitions? Can I remove or merge the Recovery Partitions in Windows 11/10? Disk Management is a utility in Windows 11 that lets you manage...
  5. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions": I have 4 Nos of System Reserved partitions on my SSD where Windows 10 is installed. I expect only one. How do the extra ones come to existence? How do I recognize which one is the latest/working one? If I could recognize which one is the real recovery drive, how do I...
  6. Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Numbers of "Recovery/Reserved Partitions": I have 4 Nos of System Reserved partitions on my SSD where Windows 10 is installed. I expect only one. How do the extra ones come to existence? How do I recognize which one is the latest/working one? If I could recognize which one is the real recovery drive, how do I...
  7. Why do I have two recovery partitions?

Why do I have two recovery partitions?: I check out my partitioning scheme and I see something odd: Code: DISKPART> list partition Partition ### Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition 1 Recovery 499 MB 1024 KB Partition 2 System 100 MB 500 MB Partition 3 Reserved 16 MB 600 MB...
  8. Multiple Windows Recovery Partitions

Multiple Windows Recovery Partitions: My PC has multiple Windows recovery partitions, which bothers me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-windows-recovery-partitions/e91f953f-79cf-4af8-9e27-50851ec0029b
  9. How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions: Hello, How do I delete the extra Recovery Partitions in disk management? I have four in total, and they vary in size. One is 20GB! See the screen shot below. I have seen the YouTube video posted: How to delete recovery partition in Windows 10/8.1/8 - YouTube Is...
  10. Recovery Partition that I did not have with 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition that I did not have with 8.1: I didn't know where else to post this weird one. Did the first Win 10 image on a desktop and noticed a Recovery Partition. On one of two desktops. Both desktops were installed with Windows 7 Pro oem updated to 8.0/8.1/10 which means it never had a Recovery partition to begin...