Windows 10: I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer?

Discus and support I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two PC's that I build using a purchased copy of windows. I want to add them both to my Microsoft account. Once both are added how do I determine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Laxgoly20, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Laxgoly20 Win User

I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer?

I have two PC's that I build using a purchased copy of windows. I want to add them both to my Microsoft account. Once both are added how do I determine which copy goes with what build?

:)

Laxgoly20, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

Kari, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Dec 1, 2023
  4. I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer?

Andre Da Costa, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer?

1. I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer? - Similar Threads - multiple licenses account

2. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: Can I transfer my windows volume license to another company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-my-windows-license-account-to/ba6fa5e4-bac1-49f7-99de-6894090f7587
  3. I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer?: I have two PC's that I build using a purchased copy of windows. I want to add them both to my Microsoft account. Once both are added how do I determine which copy goes with what build?...
  4. I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have multiple Windows 10 licenses on my account, how do I select the correct on to transfer?: I have two PC's that I build using a purchased copy of windows. I want to add them both to my Microsoft account. Once both are added how do I determine which copy goes with what build?...
  5. How do I select multiple open windows on Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I select multiple open windows on Desktop?: Let us say I have four files open on Desktop. How do I select all of them?I have searched for answers, but they all only seem to address selecting multiple files in a folder using SHIFT or CTRL.I am talking about multiple open files on Desktop. I have tried using CTRL and,...
  6. How do I transfer my windows to another PC correctly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I transfer my windows to another PC correctly?: Hi. I have a PC and I need to use a laptop. I have the product key linked to my MS account and don't remember it/can't find it anywhere. So what do I do, can someone walk me through it? submitted by /u/Vadim6996 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to transfer Win10 license correctly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer Win10 license correctly?: I own two computers w/Win10. The desktop was an upgrade from Win8.1 and I do not recall how the laptop became a Win10 pc because, I purchased it with this OS installed. Regardless, the laptop was not manufactured with Win10. I need to transfer one of these licenses to...
  8. do i have multiple accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do i have multiple accounts?: do i have multiple accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-multiple-accounts/ee39ec68-0b7e-4061-b83e-c520f6fddeae
  9. How do I transfer Windows 10 license to a new PC?

How do I transfer Windows 10 license to a new PC?: I would like to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to my new build and deactivate it on the old system. I have read there are multiple ways of doing this but am still confused. The easiest way I read was to log in with a MS account and that would link the Windows license to...
  10. How do I transfer my windows 10 license key to another computer?

How do I transfer my windows 10 license key to another computer?: Hi, basically when I went to college, i left my old pc behind. Id like to deactivate windows remotely on this old pc and reinstall it on my new one im building. Is there any way to do this, because I upgraded that old pc from windows 8, and it became a digital license. Thanks...