Windows 10: I have my computer locked by Microsoft Defender or so it says and is asking me to call a...

Discus and support I have my computer locked by Microsoft Defender or so it says and is asking me to call a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have my computer locked by Microsoft Defender or so it says and is asking me to call a number and not shut down/ Is this valid? Should I call the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John R 1409, Aug 9, 2022.

1. I have my computer locked by Microsoft Defender or so it says and is asking me to call a...

I have my computer locked by Microsoft Defender or so it says and is asking me to call a number and not shut down/ Is this valid? Should I call the number. I don/t think so but the Audio is driving me crazy.

:)

John R 1409, Aug 9, 2022
  2. mysorian Win User

what does Windows defender say?

Most probably your computer has a Trojan. You may find which Trojan from the Windows Defender program. However removal of this is complicated.
    http://hodentekhelp.blogspot.com/201...r-offline.html
    My best suggestion is to you is to back up your data to cloud and ask Microsoft store nearby to clean up your computer.

mysorian, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    windows 10 keeps locking up why?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to experiencing this issue?
    • When you say that the computer keeps locking, does it happen due to inactivity or does it happen while you’re working on the computer?
    • Does the computer go into sleep mode or does it lock the currently logged-in user account?
    • After the computer is locked or after it goes into sleep mode, what happens when you try to sign in to your system or try to wake the system up?

Please reply with the information requested above for us to have the clear understanding of the issue and suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

How to ask an effective question

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Forums

Peer_Sam, Aug 9, 2022
  4. I have my computer locked by Microsoft Defender or so it says and is asking me to call a...

windows defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to provide you troubleshooting step. So, I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to narrow down the issue.

• What issue you are facing with Windows Defender?
    • Are you willing to update Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below to ask question on the forum. After referring to the article do get back to us with more information related to your issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

I have my computer locked by Microsoft Defender or so it says and is asking me to call a...

1. I have my computer locked by Microsoft Defender or so it says and is asking me to call a... - Similar Threads - computer locked Microsoft

2. I have a message on my PC that says my computer is blocked by windows defender and to call...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a message on my PC that says my computer is blocked by windows defender and to call...: My PC is locked up. Says it is Windows defender security center and to call 1-888-318-9325. I'm sure it's a scam but how do I get out of it?...
  3. I have a message on my PC that says my computer is blocked by windows defender and to call...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a message on my PC that says my computer is blocked by windows defender and to call...: My PC is locked up. Says it is Windows defender security center and to call 1-888-318-9325. I'm sure it's a scam but how do I get out of it?...
  4. My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...

My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...: Please see the title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-claimed-locked-by-microsoft-now-due/8cad093f-ffd2-4d47-b430-59d4e40fe015
  5. My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...: Please see the title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-claimed-locked-by-microsoft-now-due/8cad093f-ffd2-4d47-b430-59d4e40fe015
  6. My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. My computer was locked by Microsoft defender, I was asked to call 1-844-452-2441 to get it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was locked by Microsoft defender, I was asked to call 1-844-452-2441 to get it...: I just check for sure that Microsoft has behind this and I can safely follow their lead.I uploaded a screen shot, and try to see if it can show here....
  8. My computer was locked by Microsoft defender, I was asked to call 1-844-452-2441 to get it...

My computer was locked by Microsoft defender, I was asked to call 1-844-452-2441 to get it...: I just check for sure that Microsoft has behind this and I can safely follow their lead.I uploaded a screen shot, and try to see if it can show here....
  9. my computer says locked and to call a number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer says locked and to call a number: an error message of your computer is locked and to call a number * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-locked-and-to-call-a-number/0deb980e-c911-46c5-b915-e8dddd252b16
  10. my computer says locked and to call a number

my computer says locked and to call a number: an error message of your computer is locked and to call a number * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-locked-and-to-call-a-number/0deb980e-c911-46c5-b915-e8dddd252b16