Windows 10: I Have My Doubts On Windows 10

Discus and support I Have My Doubts On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a HP Compaq desktop with Windows 7 Home ready to upgrade to Windows 10 when it's available. I'm not going to install all this stuff that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FD611V, May 14, 2015.

1. FD611V Win User

I Have My Doubts On Windows 10

I have a HP Compaq desktop with Windows 7 Home ready to upgrade to Windows 10 when it's available. I'm not going to install all this stuff that Microsoft is sending out for we all to download and install. From the many posters having their troubles with some of the software loading, makes me think they will have "more" problems once Microsoft releases Windows 10. I, also have the gut feeling this may be another Windows 8 from Microsoft, and we all know how that turned out.

So, I'll set back and read all the threads on the problems you all are having, and when Windows 10 is ready I will try it.

:)

FD611V, May 14, 2015

2. I have a doubt

This problem started at the end of june. Till then my laptop was good. I used to play games. Browse the internet just fine. The one day the problem started. The screen will freeze when i do an action like opening google chrome. First i thought that the problem
    will be rectified automatically, but then one day it started asking for disk checking whenever i start the computer. It takes about two hours just to start using my laptop. Sometimes it just gets stuck in a disk checking loop where it will check for disk error
    and restart and then again check for disk errors. When i searched the internet some sites suggested to change the internal hard disk. Now the start screen and action center doesn't work. And no i dont remember making any changes prior to this issue. I try
    to keep my laptop updated with latest version of windows 10 insider preview. But now it is a very hectic process for me with this disk error. My questions is what should i do to get the same activated windows 10 insider preview? Should i download the latest
    preview build from the official microsoft site? Please help me with this.

S.M.NaaveenKumar, May 14, 2015
  3. I have a doubt

Hi Naveen,

To assist you further, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the exact error message?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the post by Cbarnhorst in the link provided below:

Replacing Hard drive - Windows 10 (upgraded) Product Key

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot
    guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2015
  4. linw Win User

You've made a valid decision for your low degree of fun and risk taking but I fail to see how it concerns the rest of us.

5. FD611V Win User
    I never considered banging on a keyboard in front of a computer any fun, as it was forced on me at work. There are many, many other things to consume my idle time. I must write down your username so if and when you have your troubles with Windows 10, I will remind you of your answer here.

FD611V, May 14, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Which version/build of Win10 have you tried using?? Have you tried out 10074?? How did you install the builds?? Have you tried a clean install on an HDD/SSD??

Speaking for myself.. I've not had any issues with the latest build with regards to running/starting any apps/software/programs. And I think the issues with Win8 were more related to the metro mess that anything else.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  7. But see, why can't he give his opinion too? See, if I read a forum on any product, I want to hear good AND bad about it. And whether Windows 10 is good or bad is a matter or perspective. If anything, I liked the premier builds much better back in November (honestly because of the 8x look; sorry I HATE the new caption buttons.)

Read this forum, and it seems universal that Windows 10 will be a winner, but go to MSFN or read some other articles; then not so much. I'm not saying "don't love Windows 10", but if someone is looking at Windows 10 with a jaundiced eye, or simply dislikes the product, I want to hear those voices too.

Jody Thornton, May 14, 2015
  8. FD611V Win User

I haven't tried/download any of the Win10 builds. Microsoft keeps sending me emails on all these builds/updates on what/where how to proceed. I'm in no rush to get Win10. I'll just wait till Microsoft releases the whole deal. That way I get all this in one upgrade package. Should there be problems, there will surely be answers.

FD611V, May 14, 2015
  9. FD611V Win User
    Just picked this up from Yahoo.
    Microsoft has a complicated new plan to add new features to Windows 10 and make money

I Have My Doubts On Windows 10 [​IMG]
    By Julie Bort 3 hours ago

• I Have My Doubts On Windows 10 [​IMG]

• (Business Insider/Julie Bort) Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella

Microsoft keeps dropping hints about how radically different Windows 10 will be from all other versions of Windows like a trail of breadcrumbs leading to no-one-fully-knows-where yet. And now we have another clue, from ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley, which adds details to the information we reported in March about Microsoft's plans.
      Microsoft is creating a complex matrix of support options for Windows 10, she reports, and it will charge for them in an increasingly complex way, allowing it to continue to make money on Windows, even if a lot of people opt for the "free" upgrade to Windows 10.
      With Windows 10, only the biggest enterprises will get full control over installing updates, Foley's contacts tell her. Those customers will generally be paying for Windows. As Business Insider previously reported, we're also hearing that big enterprises will also get a menu of support options, each at different prices.
      Most Windows users, including consumers who get the free upgrade, will not be able to turn automatic updates off.
      The key phrase Microsoft keeps using is "Windows as a Service."
      Microsoft hasn't fully explained what that means except for calling Windows 10 "the last version of Windows" and indicating that Microsoft will automatically send new features and security patches through its new and improved Windows Update service. And Microsoft declined comment when we reached about.
      The issue is how much power a user gets over which features and security patches get installed and when. Foley's contact calls these options "servicing branches."

View gallery

It's always been said, "When those have their hands in their pockets. they expect to fill them." With that being said, I expect Microsoft somewhere we all will pay for Win10.

FD611V, May 14, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    The last version of Windows means that MS will stay with the name WIn10 and simply update that version. No Win11 etc. From what I read in the article the author seems more confused than anything else.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    IMO the best way to judge the new OS is by trying it out yourself and decide if you like it or not. Trusting the judgment of others can be helpful but you're the one who has to live with it in the end.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  12. labeeman Win User
    Yep and if we do not pay up M$ will brick our computers.
    Source

labeeman, May 14, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Funny, that article talks about x-box not windows.. how would that apply to Win10 if at all??

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    There is an Xbox app in Windows 10. I suppose that it will make it easier to run your Xbox with Windows 10 if you have one. I do not have one so I do not know. But to judge an OS without even trying it on a blank Hard Drive is foolish and to depend on other peoples views with varying types of Hardware makes it worse. One would better be severed by seeing how it runs on their box and not others.

15. linw Win User
    What on earth has my problems got to do with it?? My mention of risk taking implies preparedness to accept problems.

I just wondered what contribution your post was adding because you wouldn't even try win 10.

Thema:

1. I Have My Doubts On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Doubts

2. I have a doubt about " rd /s /q H:\$Recycle.bin " commend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a doubt about " rd /s /q H:\$Recycle.bin " commend: I want to know once i run this commend for recycle bin correpted error. it is affect our drive data or not ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-doubt-about-rd-s-q-hrecyclebin-commend/22e75084-693e-4210-94a0-47b74f7517df
  3. I have a doubt about " rd /s /q H:\$Recycle.bin " commend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a doubt about " rd /s /q H:\$Recycle.bin " commend: I want to know once i run this commend for recycle bin correpted error. it is affect our drive data or not ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-doubt-about-rd-s-q-hrecyclebin-commend/22e75084-693e-4210-94a0-47b74f7517df
  4. I think it may be a virus but I doubt it because I would have been notifyed if i had one or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think it may be a virus but I doubt it because I would have been notifyed if i had one or...: My task manager thinks that there is always like 15 Firefox tabs open when there is only like 3. I have tried to end the task one by one they are still there and when i close Firefox entirely they go away until i open Firefox....
  5. I think it may be a virus but I doubt it because I would have been notifyed if i had one or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think it may be a virus but I doubt it because I would have been notifyed if i had one or...: My task manager thinks that there is always like 15 Firefox tabs open when there is only like 3. I have tried to end the task one by one they are still there and when i close Firefox entirely they go away until i open Firefox....
  6. I think it may be a virus but I doubt it because I would have been notifyed if i had one or...

7. HELLO I AM INTERESTED AND IN DOUBT OF WHY I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR ABOUT THE CUSTOM MODULE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELLO I AM INTERESTED AND IN DOUBT OF WHY I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR ABOUT THE CUSTOM MODULE: HELLO I AM INTERESTED AND IN DOUBT OF WHY I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR ABOUT THE CUSTOM MODULEOK SIR AND MAMM THAT WORKING FOR THE MICROSOFT, I HAVE A TECHNICAL QUESTION REGARDING A QUERY I HAVE FOR WHY WHEN I CLICK ON CERTAIN FUNCTIONS IN THE MICROSOFT FORUMS, IT SHOWS THE ERROR...
  8. HELLO I AM INTERESTED AND IN DOUBT OF WHY I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR ABOUT THE CUSTOM MODULE

HELLO I AM INTERESTED AND IN DOUBT OF WHY I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR ABOUT THE CUSTOM MODULE: HELLO I AM INTERESTED AND IN DOUBT OF WHY I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR ABOUT THE CUSTOM MODULEOK SIR AND MAMM THAT WORKING FOR THE MICROSOFT, I HAVE A TECHNICAL QUESTION REGARDING A QUERY I HAVE FOR WHY WHEN I CLICK ON CERTAIN FUNCTIONS IN THE MICROSOFT FORUMS, IT SHOWS THE ERROR...
  9. im changing some parts of my computer and have doubts about the windows key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    im changing some parts of my computer and have doubts about the windows key: Im practically building a new pc changing motherboard and processor but would like to use my old hard drive with all of my data. Can I install the old hard drive and buy a new key or i have to buy a new copy of windows and install it in a new hard drive...
  10. im changing some parts of my computer and have doubts about the windows key

im changing some parts of my computer and have doubts about the windows key: Im practically building a new pc changing motherboard and processor but would like to use my old hard drive with all of my data. Can I install the old hard drive and buy a new key or i have to buy a new copy of windows and install it in a new hard drive...