Windows 10: I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%

Discus and support I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1% in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set it in the power settings for it to shut down on low battery at 5% but it isn't working and it shuts down at 1%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Matt Bruns, Jun 5, 2019.

1. I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%

I set it in the power settings for it to shut down on low battery at 5% but it isn't working and it shuts down at 1%.

:)

Matt Bruns, Jun 5, 2019
  2. OOOO Win User

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1% SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

OOOO, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jun 5, 2019
  4. I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%

1. I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1% - Similar Threads - laptop set shut

2. My laptop is not getting shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop is not getting shutting down: Basically when I shut down my laptop it’s not getting shut down it’s coming to Lock Screen then I have to force shutting my pressing on/off button on my laptop may I know how to solve this and why is this happening...
  3. My laptop is not getting shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not getting shutting down: Basically when I shut down my laptop it’s not getting shut down it’s coming to Lock Screen then I have to force shutting my pressing on/off button on my laptop may I know how to solve this and why is this happening...
  4. My laptop is not getting shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES: BEFORE TOTALLY SHUTTING DOWN, THE FF WORDS APPEARS ON MY LAP TOP.Stop code:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed:Ndu.sysYour kind technical advice is highly appreciated.Best regards,Arnel...
  6. MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP SHUT DOWNS EVERY 5 MINUTES: BEFORE TOTALLY SHUTTING DOWN, THE FF WORDS APPEARS ON MY LAP TOP.Stop code:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed:Ndu.sysYour kind technical advice is highly appreciated.Best regards,Arnel...
  7. Laptop restart after shutting down on battery power

Laptop restart after shutting down on battery power: Laptop restart after shutting down on battery power but when connected with charging adapter shut down until power is supplied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restart-after-shutting-down-on-battery/5fdfd35d-bee8-48db-b523-c94de0042d58
  8. I can't shut down or change battery settings.

I can't shut down or change battery settings.: I got some data recovered on July 2 after the bad May update reset my PC in June. last Tuesday, I lost the ability to change my brightness. My battery usage bar also disappeared. I checked my settings and saw that there are no options for when my PC can go to sleep or shut...
  9. Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?: Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a way to shut down my Windows 10 laptop immediately when it is disconnected from the power supply and automatically restart it when it is loaded. I only closed it in the closet (connected via WLAN) and wanted to control it with a WLAN...
  10. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...