Windows 10: I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1

Discus and support I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 I have the setting set to two clicks. I am going through a lot of image files and this is driving me crazy as i have to stop and close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DCGiggles, Sep 21, 2022.

1. DCGiggles Win User

I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1

Windows 10 I have the setting set to two clicks. I am going through a lot of image files and this is driving me crazy as i have to stop and close the opened file. Does anyone know of a good alternative file management system? I mostly do photo images and need to be able to delete, move, copy, etc. Thanks for any help

:)

DCGiggles, Sep 21, 2022

2. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 21, 2022
  4. erocker Win User

I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

1. I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1 - Similar Threads - mouse set open

2. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  3. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  4. I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1: Windows 10 I have the setting set to two clicks. I am going through a lot of image files and this is driving me crazy as i have to stop and close the opened file. Does anyone know of a good alternative file management system? I mostly do photo images and need to be able to...
  5. I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1: Windows 10 I have the setting set to two clicks. I am going through a lot of image files and this is driving me crazy as i have to stop and close the opened file. Does anyone know of a good alternative file management system? I mostly do photo images and need to be able to...
  6. Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead: I tried searching for this issue but didn't see anything related in the first three pages of search results. This started about 10 days ago. When selecting files in File Explorer with my mouse, the files open as I try to drag them them to other folders. Very frustrating. I...
  7. 1-Click File Opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1-Click File Opening: Where do I go in Settings to set up my mouse for 1-click to open files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1-click-file-opening/36837afb-941e-4a09-86e1-e051ed8bce3b"
  8. File Explorer opens randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer opens randomly: Hi, I have a problem and is that yesterday my pc was lagging because I had a 3d rendering software eating all the RAM, so all the other tasks suffer lagging as a consequence, so I decided to close everything except task manager and the program. When it finished, I used the...
  9. Mouse opens random files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse opens random files: I adjusted File Explorer settings so that I could open a folder with a double click. However I have recently faced an issue because when I tried to ‘save as’ a file, a single click opens a folder but the second click opens a random file in the same folder. Moreover this...
  10. File Explorer Opens Randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Opens Randomly: Whenever I start or end a game,browse,or just about any action,file explorer opens us.any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-opens-randomly/11572ebc-1ea3-4414-b049-0bc0b08081bd