Windows 10: I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows.

Discus and support I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm given the "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server." error Error code: 0x8007007B. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JeiJohnson, Oct 24, 2021.

1. I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows.

I'm given the "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server." error Error code: 0x8007007B. I can only see the last 5 characters of my key, even though I see all of my product ID.Is there any way to retrieve the full product key so I can activate Windows again? I had replaced my motherboard and I can't activate my Windows 10 Pro, as I think I got it digitally. Pressing the Troubleshoot link says it's done troubleshooting, but can't activate because I'm not connected and need to contact my system administrator for information? I was jus

:)

JeiJohnson, Oct 24, 2021

2. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Superfly Win User
    Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows. [​IMG]

Superfly, Oct 24, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows.

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 product key will reset activation to the standard retail channel for activation. It might just activate (if there was a previous digital license for Windows 10 for that computer established with Microsoft). Once Windows 10 is back on the retail activation channel, then more than likely changing the product key to the Windows 8 product key using the same method may work.

NavyLCDR, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows.

1. I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows. - Similar Threads - product full key

2. i forgot my product key but i know my product id??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i forgot my product key but i know my product id??: Can anyone help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-product-key-but-i-know-my-product-id/a97de7dc-a01f-4107-89b6-c039a2fc3de3
  3. i forgot my product key but i know my product id??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i forgot my product key but i know my product id??: Can anyone help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-product-key-but-i-know-my-product-id/a97de7dc-a01f-4107-89b6-c039a2fc3de3
  4. i forgot my product key but i know my product id??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows.: I'm given the "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server." error Error code: 0x8007007B. I can only see the last 5 characters of my key, even though I see all of my product ID.Is there any way to retrieve the full...
  6. I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have my product ID, but not my full key. So I can't activate Windows.: I'm given the "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server." error Error code: 0x8007007B. I can only see the last 5 characters of my key, even though I see all of my product ID.Is there any way to retrieve the full...
  7. I can't activate my windows and the product key is not appearing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate my windows and the product key is not appearing.: Split from this thread. Hi Community, I can't activate my windows and the product key is not appearing. What does error code 80246002 mean Also, I have tried launching my Microsoft office apps severally and I get can't find your license application a repair attempt...
  8. I have my windows Product Key and Id but not activated

I have my windows Product Key and Id but not activated: For some reason my pc has gone from being activated to not anymore and i don't know why, i've never had this problem and its starting to annoy me because the watermark pops up...
  9. i can't activate my product key

in Cortana
    i can't activate my product key: i can not access my activation for product key error code 0xC004F074 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-product-key/449d3b78-1117-476a-ae8b-dfc71db9295c
  10. In sipite of having product ID and KEY I have problem to activate my window

In sipite of having product ID and KEY I have problem to activate my window: i am unable to activate my window in window activation in option, i entered my product ID and KEY also. but it is showing admin. related problem . how to solve my problem please help me....