Windows 10: I have new computer without cd drive. I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via...

Discus and support I have new computer without cd drive. I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have new computer without cd drive. I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidShealy, Feb 21, 2021.

1. I have new computer without cd drive. I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via...

I have new computer without cd drive. I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via download

:)

DavidShealy, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Aniax57 Win User

FSX Installation - No CD-Drive but I have the Product Key

(Read Title)

Hi.

I recently got a new laptop to replace my old, broken one. Unfortunately, the new one is lacking a CD-drive. I purchased the Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Deluxe Edition quite some time back in a 'hard-copy' form, meaning I had to use 2 CD's and a product
    key to install it each time.

I was wondering if there is any way to download FSX online and then validate purchase (proof of purchase) with the product key I own, as I am not keen to purchase an external CD reader to process the disks.

Thanks.

Aniax57, Feb 21, 2021
  3. MS flight simulator X

Hi,

hope that's easy I have new computer without cd drive.  I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via... :)

Check also that on reinstalling FSX, the FSX icon is not set in the Windows 10 Start menu:

A last tr****th FSX not appearing in the programs' list left of the Start Menu, in Microsoft Games, nor the FSX icon with other programs' ones in it (usually the FSX SDK is present in the program list). That is fixed like: just open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
    Menu\Programs\Microsoft Games (note! ProgramData is a hidden item which needs to be made visible with the View tab of the File Explorer; check Hidden items). In there you will find already the Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK folder as the Microsoft Flight
    Simulator X one is missing. Thus just create a new folder named with that name. Thence go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, right click the fsx app and create a shortcut for it (which Windows will ask for creating on the
    desktop). Then move that shortcut into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. FSX now appears both in the programs' list into Microsoft Games, and like a icon on the Start Menu

Gérard Guichard, Feb 21, 2021
  4. kirk17 Win User

I have new computer without cd drive. I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via...

flight simulator 2016

I am looking at flight simulator 2016, some of the ads says its from mircosoft,

I am wondering if its a upgraded version from fsx, if not are they working on a updated version of flight simulator, since fsx if over ten years old

kirk17, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

I have new computer without cd drive. I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via...

1. I have new computer without cd drive. I want to install the old flight simulator fsx via... - Similar Threads - computer without drive

2. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  3. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  4. New computer without a CD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer without a CD drive: My olld computer crashed and the new laptop does not have a CD drive, how can I install my Wordperfect program? I have the CD and code for Wordperfect 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-without-a-cd-drive/702a8b34-b5d6-4bc3-8ce4-5fc264a19c4c
  5. New computer without a CD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer without a CD drive: My olld computer crashed and the new laptop does not have a CD drive, how can I install my Wordperfect program? I have the CD and code for Wordperfect 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-without-a-cd-drive/702a8b34-b5d6-4bc3-8ce4-5fc264a19c4c
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX: I have had to replace my motherboard on my computer. Hard drives are the same including the one that has FSX installed on it. When I start FSX I get the error message code 1-80004005 which I believe is because the software cannot access the product key on the new hardware -...
  7. microsoft flight simulator fsx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft flight simulator fsx: I understand that you can help install fsx sim on windows 10. Case number 1299988518 apparently fixed the problem. Can you help? Thanks!! LR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flight-simulator-fsx/05253e5a-48c1-448c-a78a-c26c43b8e6bc
  8. FSX flight simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX flight simulator: Can anyone help us with our Microsoft flight simulator X please? our computer completely shuts down after about 15 minutes flying time even when graphics are turned down low....
  9. Flight Simulator FSX activation problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Flight Simulator FSX activation problem: I have an original copy of FSX which I bought new. Had it installed on my PC with no problem. Bought a newer, faster computer and installed it (having deleted it from the old one which I still own though no longer use) only to find that it kicks me off after 30 minutes as the...
  10. Flight Simulator FSX engl. Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator FSX engl. Version: Hey there, had to change Motherboard with Win7Pro. Unfortunately I deleted a driver after activation MB MSI Z270 but reinstalled. Everythin works but not FSX.Since than FSX shows up for a second and disapears from screen. Failure 1-80004005 leads to product activation....