Windows 10: I have no access or permissions

Discus and support I have no access or permissions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently did a recovery on my laptop due to not being able to get below 100% disc usage. My system was barely working at all. After completely wiping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bon Flores, May 25, 2023.

1. I have no access or permissions

I recently did a recovery on my laptop due to not being able to get below 100% disc usage. My system was barely working at all. After completely wiping everything and reinstalling windows, the disc was STILL having around 85-100% usage. One thing I found searching online is to run "command prompt" as an admin to type in "net.exe stop "windows search"". But now when I type "admin" or "cmd" or "command prompt" in the search bar, I get no results at all. To that degree, command prompt doesnt even exist in my system tools. The only way I've been able to run it is with "windows key+R". Unfortunatel

:)

Bon Flores, May 25, 2023

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, May 25, 2023
  3. Cannot access path, no permission

Hello cgherman, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the link I have provided for you to follow more solutions in case method 1 doesn't help.

The causes of your problem may be:

-You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.

-The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.

-The file has been moved or deleted.

-The file or shortcut is corrupt.

-The file may be blocked by Windows.

-Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

-Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.

-Select the Security tab.

-Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

-Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266924...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, May 25, 2023
  4. I have no access or permissions

Getting access permission

Everytime I run a malware scanner, it returns the same PUPs, so I though I would manually check, but I am denied access to \ProgramData\ApplicationData\ and told to fix that in Security. That in turn lists four entities that might get permission. When
    for simplicity, I chose "Everyone' there was an error. The description of the other three leaves me puzzled. Could I get a clear step by step procedure to gain access ? There is only one account (with administrator privileges) and there are no other users.

JosephPHILIPPA, May 25, 2023
Thema:

I have no access or permissions

1. I have no access or permissions - Similar Threads - access permissions

2. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  3. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  4. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission: Hello,On some xlsm files stored on my local network folders, I get an "Access denied" message saying I do not have access to view this file and if I would like to request for permission on Sharepoint?This does not make any sense as the file is locally stored on a local file...
  6. Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission

Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission: Hello,On some xlsm files stored on my local network folders, I get an "Access denied" message saying I do not have access to view this file and if I would like to request for permission on Sharepoint?This does not make any sense as the file is locally stored on a local file...
  7. Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...: I am trying to save a file into my computer but it seems that someone created Administrator account on my laptop without me knowing and I am unable to change folder permission...
  8. Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...

Trying to edit permission for a folder, however some have created Administrator access on...: I am trying to save a file into my computer but it seems that someone created Administrator account on my laptop without me knowing and I am unable to change folder permission...
  9. Random You don't have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random You don't have permission to access this folder: I'm using Windows 11. My PC is setup with 2 accounts: My main administrator account and a second I use as a gaming frontend.My issue is that when I'm on my main account I randomly lose access to the files stored in the gaming user directory with a prompt saying 'You don't...
  10. Random You don't have permission to access this folder

Random You don't have permission to access this folder: I'm using Windows 11. My PC is setup with 2 accounts: My main administrator account and a second I use as a gaming frontend.My issue is that when I'm on my main account I randomly lose access to the files stored in the gaming user directory with a prompt saying 'You don't...