Windows 10: I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit.

Discus and support I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have quite a complicated problem.My daughter is in Microsoft family that i created about a year ago. She still sees herself in this group, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vladimír Křivánek, Mar 4, 2024.

1. I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit.

Hello,I have quite a complicated problem.My daughter is in Microsoft family that i created about a year ago. She still sees herself in this group, but i, as an adult and organizator, don't. I have no access to this group but she can't remove herself, because se isn't the organizator. How can she exit this group herself, or how can i get to this group to remove her?Thank you,Vladimir

:)

Vladimír Křivánek, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

Thanks Elise. Your suggestion worked. I contacted live chat option via "Get Help" app.

Just for others who read this in future I had performed the following steps to solve the issue.

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove consent for this child's account"
    3. It then warns, "You are about to remove parental consent for this child. They will no longer have permissions to access certain Microsoft sites and services."
    4. Click on "Remove consent" button
    5. Go back to Microsoft Family Safety home page. Wait for few seconds for settings to reflect. The child account will disappear from family home page.

Amaira M, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Mar 4, 2024
  4. I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit.

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the family features are not working properly on the child account.

• When you say, “I removed the profile, and had him login again”, did you remove the account from the family or from the PC?

Regarding the app issue: Since you receive the message to look for an app from store while accessing the link to fix the child account issue. I suggest you to follow the steps to
    re-register the apps.

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Type the command and hit Enter on the keyboard: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can also try removing the child account from family and adding it again to the family. Refer the article

Remove members from your family group and
    Add members to your family group.

Regarding the email address on the login page:
    Do you see verify option under accounts in settings?

If you are able to see the verify option under accounts in settings page, I suggest you to try verifying the account and check if that helps.

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Your info.
    2. Under the Email address click on
      Verify.
    3. Enter the code, which will be sent to your
      email address or mobile number.
    4. Click on Next to verify the account.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit.

1. I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit. - Similar Threads - access Microsoft family

2. I can't remove my child from my microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove my child from my microsoft family: I have two child accounts on the microsoft family and I did not add them amd when I try to remove them it said that only the person who added them can remove them. The person who initially added them is no longer in the family and I can't leave the group aswell....
  3. I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit.: Hello,I have quite a complicated problem.My daughter is in Microsoft family that i created about a year ago. She still sees herself in this group, but i, as an adult and organizator, don't. I have no access to this group but she can't remove herself, because se isn't the...
  4. I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no access to Microsoft family that my child wants to exit.: Hello,I have quite a complicated problem.My daughter is in Microsoft family that i created about a year ago. She still sees herself in this group, but i, as an adult and organizator, don't. I have no access to this group but she can't remove herself, because se isn't the...
  5. My child is stuck in a family group that I as a parent no longer have access to due to old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My child is stuck in a family group that I as a parent no longer have access to due to old...: Hi,I am unable to set up family safety for my son as there is an old / unknown email associated to it, I ask for assistance on how to remove this old / unknown email to my child's account./J...
  6. My child is stuck in a family group that I as a parent no longer have access to due to old...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My child is stuck in a family group that I as a parent no longer have access to due to old...: Hi,I am unable to set up family safety for my son as there is an old / unknown email associated to it, I ask for assistance on how to remove this old / unknown email to my child's account./J...
  7. My child has left Microsoft family :-

My child has left Microsoft family :-: HI I am aware that a child cannot leave the family. We have a laptop where we are the administrator and my son, who is 15 with a condition has always had a standard user account with restrictions in place which he absolutely rejects. Being the smart one he is though, this...
  8. Microsoft family setup - I want to use gmail accounts for child but it is not working

Microsoft family setup - I want to use gmail accounts for child but it is not working: Is it possible to set up the family members using gmail accounts instead of Microsoft accounts? I was able to do one child via the xbox but now that I am on a computer it will not allow this for the other children. I do not want to set up Microsoft accounts for the other...
  9. My child can't access fund in family account

My child can't access fund in family account: My child can't access the funds in the family account to purchase Robux, even after I've approved the purchase several times. After I've given permission for the purchase, every time he clicks to buy Robux in his account, he is required to ask permission again. When I click...
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...