Windows 10: I have no administrative permissions on any guest account, and the built in administrative...

Discus and support I have no administrative permissions on any guest account, and the built in administrative... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, a long story short I had unintentionally disabled admin permissions for all of my guest accounts. Using the command prompt "net user administrator/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshuaSng, Jan 6, 2020.

1. JoshuaSng Win User

I have no administrative permissions on any guest account, and the built in administrative...

Hi, a long story short I had unintentionally disabled admin permissions for all of my guest accounts. Using the command prompt "net user administrator/ active:yes" in an effort to add the administrator account yields error 5, naturally as neither accounts have any admin permissions. I have tried opening the account from safe mode in order to give admin powers to my other accounts, but once there only file explorer exists when it is control panel I need. Is there a solution to this beyond resetting windows? Is there a way to give other accounts from command prompt? Thanks.

:)

JoshuaSng, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jan 6, 2020
  3. decimus Win User
    Managing guest account as administrator

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

decimus, Jan 6, 2020
  4. angus Win User

I have no administrative permissions on any guest account, and the built in administrative...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I have no administrative permissions on any guest account, and the built in administrative... - Similar Threads - administrative permissions guest

2. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not Having Permissions as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Having Permissions as administrator: Hello MS Community, I have just made the update to windows 11. ive been an administrator on my computer sense i got the pc. once i made the windows update. even with me still being admin. i cant open harly anything. i continuously get the windows cannot open due to the path,...
  6. Not Having Permissions as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Having Permissions as administrator: Hello MS Community, I have just made the update to windows 11. ive been an administrator on my computer sense i got the pc. once i made the windows update. even with me still being admin. i cant open harly anything. i continuously get the windows cannot open due to the path,...
  7. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  8. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...
  9. Built-In Administrator Account Confusion

Built-In Administrator Account Confusion: I run lusrmgr.msc > Users. On each account shown there, I right-click > Properties. This tells me that, aside from DefaultAccount, Guest, and HomeGroupUser$, I have an Administrator account that is built-in and disabled, and an account named Ray (my name) that is a member of...
  10. Built in administrator account

Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...