Windows 10: I have no Pin options to select

Discus and support I have no Pin options to select in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello I have 2 laptops and a desktop all with Windows 10. I just compared the versions and all have this version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WilliamRutkowski, Jan 6, 2020.

1. I have no Pin options to select

Hello I have 2 laptops and a desktop all with Windows 10. I just compared the versions and all have this version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Windows 10 Pro.

I only have the Set Pin Option on the desktop and the oldest of the two laptops. They share the same Microsoft ID to log in with the same password. But I do not have the option to even set up a pin on one machine.

Sounds very stupid to me, that this even exists?? What could possibly cause this ?? If anyone knows, thanks in advance.

:)

WilliamRutkowski, Jan 6, 2020

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

I have no Pin options to select

Add Pin option is not working

If the previous steps failed to work. You can try to Remove
    and Add your PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on Sign-in options and login to Windows with your Microsoft account or local account Password.
    • Click on Windows icon at the bottom-right corner, on top of Start Menu click on your account icon and select Change account settings.
    • On the left-side panel of Accounts settings, select Sign-in options.
    • On this page, you have a number of options
      select PIN.
    • Directly below PIN, you will see two buttons. Click on Remove.
    • You will be asked "Are you sure you want to remove your PIN?" etc. Select
      Remove.
    • A Log-in Box now opens for you to re-enter your Password then click
      OK.
    • You will be returned to the Sign-in option
      page where you can now add a PIN once again.
    • Enter your new PIN and confirm PIN, click on OK to reset your new PIN for your Windows Sign-in.
    • Restart your PC and Sign-in with your new PIN to confirm.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

I have no Pin options to select

1. I have no Pin options to select - Similar Threads - Pin options select

2. PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.: I turned on my PC sometime ago only to discover that PIN and fingerprint where missing from my signin options. this is a serious problem as I cannot remember my password to save my life.What caused this and how can it be reversed? My guess is probably signing into a work...
  3. PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.: I turned on my PC sometime ago only to discover that PIN and fingerprint where missing from my signin options. this is a serious problem as I cannot remember my password to save my life.What caused this and how can it be reversed? My guess is probably signing into a work...
  4. I have forgotten my pin and neither the forgotten pin option or the use password option appear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten my pin and neither the forgotten pin option or the use password option appear.: I usually sign in using the fingerprint scanner, but just now, my computer told me I needed my pin to log in, but I have forgotten my pin.I tried signing in differently but I can’t choose to use my password, and the “I have forgotten my pin” button does not appear.I don’t...
  5. I have forgotten my pin and neither the forgotten pin option or the use password option appear.

I have forgotten my pin and neither the forgotten pin option or the use password option appear.: I usually sign in using the fingerprint scanner, but just now, my computer told me I needed my pin to log in, but I have forgotten my pin.I tried signing in differently but I can’t choose to use my password, and the “I have forgotten my pin” button does not appear.I don’t...
  6. I have to change my pin but the option is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to change my pin but the option is currently unavailable: Hi. I have to change the pin I use to log in to Windows because it has been compromised. However, when in there I see that the Windows hello pin option is inaccessible:...
  7. I have to change my pin but the option is currently unavailable

I have to change my pin but the option is currently unavailable: Hi. I have to change the pin I use to log in to Windows because it has been compromised. However, when in there I see that the Windows hello pin option is inaccessible:...
  8. I have to change my pin but the option is currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. i have connected my Bluetooth headset to laptop. but there is no option to select connected...

i have connected my Bluetooth headset to laptop. but there is no option to select connected...: i have connected my Bluetooth headset to laptop. but there is no option to select connected headset as a sound output. there is only laptop speker option available ....
  10. what i have to select ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what i have to select ?: i have LENOVO B570 laptop with windows 7 service pack 1 installed i want to download windows 10 ISO using TECH BENCH web site my question is that what option i have select in tech bench website???? windows 10/windows 10 KN/WINDOWS 10 N/WINDOWS SINGLE LANGUAGE 53386