Windows 10: I have no sound after I updated the driver?

Discus and support I have no sound after I updated the driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound when I updated driver?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EleanorParker_926, Jul 21, 2019.

1. I have no sound after I updated the driver?

I have no sound when I updated driver?

:)

EleanorParker_926, Jul 21, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

I have no sound after I updated the driver?

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

I have no sound after I updated the driver?

1. I have no sound after I updated the driver? - Similar Threads - sound updated driver

2. How do I update sound drivers?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update sound drivers?!: My sound drivers don't work because when I play an audio there is no sound, even if my volume is up to 100. I tried going into device manager and update every single sound driver i can find and there is nothing!!! it tells me it already has the best drivers but it doest even...
  3. How do I update sound drivers?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I update sound drivers?!: My sound drivers don't work because when I play an audio there is no sound, even if my volume is up to 100. I tried going into device manager and update every single sound driver i can find and there is nothing!!! it tells me it already has the best drivers but it doest even...
  4. I have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no sound: in short, my computer has no sound, i tried looking in the device manager, and the "sound, video, and game controllers" folder is completely gone, i have been trying to fix this for at least a month now, i also tried rolling back my device, but since it was so long ago, there...
  5. after update I have flat sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    after update I have flat sound: After doing a update the sound has lost it's quality and after a couple of hours now of trying to find why I give up i hope someone can help me out with this submitted by /u/Mekna [link] [comments]...
  6. HELP please i have no sound after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP please i have no sound after windows update: Hey I have absolutely no sound on my laptop after a windows update. I have searched and searched and still have no sound I have tried.. 1. Windows key + R -Services.msc -plug and play -change to automantic 2. uninstalling the driver completely -letting it download...
  7. I have no sound.

I have no sound.: My sound went out, and I can't update my drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound/b0215d41-57f4-449b-9fa8-845022ffd6f7
  8. I have no sound....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have no sound....: After playing a game on steam my game started to stutter, the sound and my control went out, then my pc crashed. When i turnt it back on i had no sound. I check the windows audio in services and i re-enabled it. However my sound did not come back. I tried everything. I tried...
  9. No sound after updating drivers

No sound after updating drivers: Hello, I have recently tried to update sound drivers and I've lost all sound output after that. The sound test shows working but there's no sound. Nothing I've tried helped. Rolled back the drivers, running diagnostics..I even reinstalled the windows still have the same...
  10. After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound

After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound: Hello, I updated Windows 10 Pro after beeing prompted for a while and after the update i have no sound. All sound devices appear active. But when i try to do a sound check on Playback properties i get the error that the signal playback has failed. I tried the troubleshooter...