Windows 10: I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing

Discus and support I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place, but just upgraded my Win10, and now I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing, simple help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by widgetwilk, Jun 5, 2020.

1. I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing

Not sure if this is the right place, but just upgraded my Win10, and now I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing, simple help would be nice, thanks

:)

widgetwilk, Jun 5, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 5, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing :p

cadaveca, Jun 5, 2020
  4. I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing

1. I have no sound, did all the checks, restarted still nothing - Similar Threads - sound did checks

2. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working: I have done all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working properly - it shows it only picks up 5% of voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-all-recommended-troubleshooting-but-microphone/f14e49e5-e3fa-47e6-b133-83811747d882
  3. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working: I have done all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working properly - it shows it only picks up 5% of voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-all-recommended-troubleshooting-but-microphone/f14e49e5-e3fa-47e6-b133-83811747d882
  4. When I use Sound Recorder to Check my Microphone Nothing's there.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I use Sound Recorder to Check my Microphone Nothing's there.: When I attempt to talk to my Friends on Fortnite or Discord or even to use Sound Recorder it won't work, this started to happen around the time I accidentally snatched the cord from the Computer's Headphone Jack.Upon Using Sound Recorder and trying to record myself it...
  5. When I use Sound Recorder to Check my Microphone Nothing's there.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I use Sound Recorder to Check my Microphone Nothing's there.: When I attempt to talk to my Friends on Fortnite or Discord or even to use Sound Recorder it won't work, this started to happen around the time I accidentally snatched the cord from the Computer's Headphone Jack.Upon Using Sound Recorder and trying to record myself it...
  6. Have to restart laptop for sound..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have to restart laptop for sound..: When I leave my laptop closed in sleep mode or just idle, when I go back on it hours later the sound doesnt work. Restarting it fixes it but its quite annoying, is there a fix? submitted by /u/Redrex003 [link] [comments]...
  7. activation windows i did all the syeps nothing is working at all need help please

in Windows 10 Customization
    activation windows i did all the syeps nothing is working at all need help please: I been at this for hours and cant call pleased help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-i-did-all-the-syeps-nothing-is/6b13f59b-987e-4a42-9ef9-d71e669e2c20
  8. no Realtek sound , have tried troubleshooting...nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no Realtek sound , have tried troubleshooting...nothing: no sound , have tried troubleshooting...nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-soundrealtek/f704372f-2e96-4ef8-bbf2-b62cfb4e024c
  9. i have no sound no solution on my pc it fails all the time checked volume

i have no sound no solution on my pc it fails all the time checked volume: I need sound fixed on pc Lenovo ideapad 320 it happens all the time. I rarely use this computer and have checked several options which has no results. im really disappointed with this purchase. if I had used it more often I would have returned before the warrenty was up....
  10. No Sounds, still have sounds.

No Sounds, still have sounds.: Hi, I am new here. Hello. I upgraded to W10 from W764 and have always been able to choose No Sounds in Settings and have "no sounds". However, not I choose No Sounds and I either get "no sounds (modified) or I can change that to No Sounds but I STILL have sounds. I do audio...