Windows 10: I have no sound on my emails.

Discus and support I have no sound on my emails. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I retrieve sound on my incoming emails?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanetWickham, Jan 21, 2019.

1. I have no sound on my emails.

How do I retrieve sound on my incoming emails?

:)

JanetWickham, Jan 21, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I have no sound on my emails. :p

cadaveca, Jan 21, 2019
  3. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 21, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

I have no sound on my emails.

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

I have no sound on my emails.

1. I have no sound on my emails. - Similar Threads - sound emails

2. Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

in Cortana
    Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?: Hi again, When I click on the bottom left-hand side on the windows icon, nothing happens, likewise when I click in the search box and type nothing happens. I have tried:- sfc scannow / came back with no errors- DISM online repair- Restarting file explorer through task manager...
  3. Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?: Hi again, When I click on the bottom left-hand side on the windows icon, nothing happens, likewise when I click in the search box and type nothing happens. I have tried:- sfc scannow / came back with no errors- DISM online repair- Restarting file explorer through task manager...
  4. Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. email sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    email sound settings: NEED TO CHANGE EMAIL SOUND SETTINGS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-sound-settings/9ec69ebb-ad0a-405b-9df0-d0cf8133c6e3
  6. email sound settings

email sound settings: NEED TO CHANGE EMAIL SOUND SETTINGS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-sound-settings/9ec69ebb-ad0a-405b-9df0-d0cf8133c6e3
  7. Outlook new email notification sound does not use selected playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outlook new email notification sound does not use selected playback device: I have searched what must be every audio-setting I could possibly find both from device and application, but I cannot find the root cause of this issue.I have a headset set as the default audio device and 2 monitors with speakers built in.Outlook plays all of its sounds over...
  8. Outlook new email notification sound does not use selected playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook new email notification sound does not use selected playback device: I have searched what must be every audio-setting I could possibly find both from device and application, but I cannot find the root cause of this issue.I have a headset set as the default audio device and 2 monitors with speakers built in.Outlook plays all of its sounds over...
  9. Outlook new email notification sound does not use selected playback device

10. How to change New email notification sound on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change New email notification sound on Windows 10: If you do not like the existing sound, you can change the new email notification sound on Windows 10 using this step-by-step tutorial. It is possible to set existing or custom audio as the new email notification sound on Windows 10. If you use the in-built Mail app and you...