Windows 10: I have no sound on my laptop.

Discus and support I have no sound on my laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound on my laptop. Settings shows 100% and any video I try to hear shows 100%???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lisawhee, Aug 9, 2020.

1. lisawhee Win User

I have no sound on my laptop.

I have no sound on my laptop. Settings shows 100% and any video I try to hear shows 100%???

:)

lisawhee, Aug 9, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I have no sound on my laptop. :p

cadaveca, Aug 9, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 9, 2020
  4. I have no sound on my laptop.

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

I have no sound on my laptop.

1. I have no sound on my laptop. - Similar Threads - sound laptop

2. can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...: can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have tried every tips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-with-my-laptop-windows-7-ultimate/48dd90ad-3633-4aa3-b9f2-2a6ff111a59b
  3. can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...: can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have tried every tips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-with-my-laptop-windows-7-ultimate/48dd90ad-3633-4aa3-b9f2-2a6ff111a59b
  4. BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop: For a few months now, my bluetooth ear buds soundcore life p2 mini have been working just fine with my laptop Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and I'm Currently running a "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor" along with windows 11. Recently they have started saying they're...
  5. BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop

BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop: For a few months now, my bluetooth ear buds soundcore life p2 mini have been working just fine with my laptop Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and I'm Currently running a "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor" along with windows 11. Recently they have started saying they're...
  6. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  7. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  8. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck: I recently disabled microsoft hyper V virtualization infrastructures driver because it has a problem because it cannot load due to lack of requirements/necessary drivers and It was on safe mode then I installed nvidia geforce 310m and updated it then I restarted my laptop to...
  9. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck: I recently disabled microsoft hyper V virtualization infrastructures driver because it has a problem because it cannot load due to lack of requirements/necessary drivers and It was on safe mode then I installed nvidia geforce 310m and updated it then I restarted my laptop to...
  10. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware