Windows 10: I have no touchpad option under devices in windows 10

Discus and support I have no touchpad option under devices in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ideapad 5 laptop, the touchpad does not work and there is no sign or trace of a touchpad option in windows. I tried everything I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlackRaven613, Oct 11, 2020.

1. I have no touchpad option under devices in windows 10

I have a Lenovo ideapad 5 laptop, the touchpad does not work and there is no sign or trace of a touchpad option in windows. I tried everything I could find in google but nothing helped.there isn't a dedicated touchpad driver for this model in the Lenovo site.

Everything is up to date. all the drivers are installedand up to date, windows is up to date, tried installing intel io drivers to see if it helps. nothing.

how do I get the touchpad option to appear in windows? I have only 'mouse'.

:)

BlackRaven613, Oct 11, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 11, 2020
  3. touchpad on windows 10

Hi Hartika,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

I have no touchpad option under devices in windows 10

windows 10 touchpad and mouse stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Step 2: And also I suggest you to update all the touchpad driver from the manufacturer web site and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

I have no touchpad option under devices in windows 10

1. I have no touchpad option under devices in windows 10 - Similar Threads - touchpad option under

2. I have no option for audio input devices!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no option for audio input devices!: I have a dell optiplex 7040sff 0hd5w2 a01 motherboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers. I have output sound and have with headphones plugged in and unplugged but I have no input sound or even input device when I plug into the one and only jack in the front....
  3. I have no option for audio input devices!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no option for audio input devices!: I have a dell optiplex 7040sff 0hd5w2 a01 motherboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers. I have output sound and have with headphones plugged in and unplugged but I have no input sound or even input device when I plug into the one and only jack in the front....
  4. I have no option for audio input devices!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I enable the "Touchpad" option in Start > Settings > Devices on a Windows 10 Home...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable the "Touchpad" option in Start > Settings > Devices on a Windows 10 Home...: I have a Wondows 10 Home desktop PC, and need to change my touchpad settings. I tried to got to Start > Settings > Devices > Touchpad to do so, but the "Touchpad" option is missing. Several guides have suggested that I could find them in a tab under "Additional mouse options"...
  6. How do I enable the "Touchpad" option in Start > Settings > Devices on a Windows 10 Home...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable the "Touchpad" option in Start > Settings > Devices on a Windows 10 Home...: I have a Wondows 10 Home desktop PC, and need to change my touchpad settings. I tried to got to Start > Settings > Devices > Touchpad to do so, but the "Touchpad" option is missing. Several guides have suggested that I could find them in a tab under "Additional mouse options"...
  7. How do I enable the "Touchpad" option in Start > Settings > Devices on a Windows 10 Home...

8. How to add a keyboard, I have no "option" under language.

How to add a keyboard, I have no "option" under language.: how to add a Dvorak keyboard, I have no "option" under language/settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-keyboard-i-have-no-option-under/5b2515d8-63fb-44f3-bbf3-4e4d098145b3
  9. No device settings under mouse options when trying to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No device settings under mouse options when trying to disable touchpad: Hello, I am attempting to disable touchpad while a mouse is connected. I was able to do it on previous laptops with Windows 10 with no problem. However, I just purchased an HP laptop with Windows 10, and that option is not available. I go under Mouse Properties, and I know...
  10. Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.: First of all, I'm running Windows 10 on a 2017 MacBook Air with BootCamp and I gave Windows a 125 GB partition. I want to change the touchpad settings because I can't tap to click but when I expand "Mice and other pointing devices" in the device manager screen the only thing...