Windows 10: I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if...

Discus and support I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a standard HP laptop. Nothing fancy. I'm not a gamer or even do Netflix and the like. My WiFi as well as Ethernet does not really work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/miss_jones_iii, Jan 26, 2020.

1. I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if...

Hello,

I have a standard HP laptop. Nothing fancy. I'm not a gamer or even do Netflix and the like.

My WiFi as well as Ethernet does not really work much and hasn't in quite a while.

I've read that Windows 10 updates could very well cause this. If that is true, does anyone happen to have the time to assist me?

I've also read that it could be a driver issue. If anyone has any past experience with that and has the time, can you please advise?

My laptop has barely been touched by anything. I attend Seminary and use Google Docs, Google Drive, Adblock Plus as an extension on Google Chrome, download PDF files, and view the occasional You Tube video. That's it.

In regard to Windows, my greatest learning came from XP. I really enjoyed learning everything about the registry and beyond from that. I first used a computer in the 1980's back in Elementary School, so I have no fear in trying to fix this. Windows 10 I've been patient with and need help if possible, websites which might have worked in terms of fixing this, anything.

Thank you very much. I'll give you reddit points or gold or whatever it's called if not my first born child your very name if you do please find the time to help

submitted by /u/miss_jones_iii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/miss_jones_iii, Jan 26, 2020

2. Ethernet Connection Issue - WIFI is working but Not Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that the Ethernet is not working and you are getting the error message “Unidentified network”. This might be due to the corrupt network adapters.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the system?

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Network Driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Method 2: I would also suggest you to
    reset TCP/IP if you have Internet connection issues.

Please follow the below steps for the same

1. Type command prompt in the Search bar and then right click and Run as Administrator mode.

2. Type the command netsh int ip reset.

3. Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    wifi issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X.

• Select Device manager

• Next select ‘Network Adapters’ and under it, you will find a Wi-Fi controller listed. Select it.

• Double-click the controller to open the adapter’s Property window and switch to ‘Drivers’ tab

• Next, click the ‘Disable’ button and hit ‘Ok’ to apply the changes. See if it helps

Method 2 : Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 3.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if...

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if... install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if... pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if... select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if... Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if...

1. I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if... - Similar Threads - WiFi Ethernet speak

2. Please help i have no wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help i have no wifi: Hello I had a problem with my Intel dual band wireless Ac 7265So i swapped that one for a Intel dual band wireless N 7260 that i took out of an other laptop But the network adapter is not starting Its shown on the device manager but gives error code 10Please help...
  3. Please help i have no wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help i have no wifi: Hello I had a problem with my Intel dual band wireless Ac 7265So i swapped that one for a Intel dual band wireless N 7260 that i took out of an other laptop But the network adapter is not starting Its shown on the device manager but gives error code 10Please help...
  4. Please help i have no wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!: Hello folks.I'm trying to update my IntelR Ethernet Connection 7 I219-V driver as the driver date says 30/01/2022. I installed the intel updating program and run it without getting any error messages but it doesn't say it got updated on device manager?I'd like to include many...
  6. Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!: Hello folks.I'm trying to update my IntelR Ethernet Connection 7 I219-V driver as the driver date says 30/01/2022. I installed the intel updating program and run it without getting any error messages but it doesn't say it got updated on device manager?I'd like to include many...
  7. Intel Ethernet Driver Won't Update? Please help!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I have a Usb driver issue please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a Usb driver issue please help: Hey, I own Acer Predator Helios 300. I have 3 usb ports 2 of them are intel one and one is Nvidia one. My device works perfectly on Intel usb but whenever I connect it to Nvidia Usb it says Driver issue for some device and for some it wont recognize. I have even tried...
  9. I am having wifi issues please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am having wifi issues please help.: So I recently bought an Acer N50-610 Gaming PC with Windows 10 on it and at first it connected to the wifi just fine but for some reason now it is having issues. It connects but says "No internet". Normally this is a problem with the router itself but all my other devices are...
  10. Ethernet Driver HELP (MODERATOR PLEASE HELP)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Driver HELP (MODERATOR PLEASE HELP): i accidentally uninstalled my ethernet drivers. My Friend told me to install the drivers. and it still doesnt work. i was wonering what to do like go to control panel or settings or start up menu. I would really aprreciate it if you can help me...