Windows 10: I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop

Discus and support I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roc.Lek, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Roc.Lek Win User

I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop

I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help.

:)

Roc.Lek, Feb 28, 2024
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Feb 28, 2024
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

1. I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop - Similar Threads - set PIN desktop

2. PIN for my HP desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN for my HP desktop: I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-for-my-hp-desktop/1ed8ba1a-45b5-4bb4-bb6b-ba3d2fc84669
  3. I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop: I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help....
  4. PIN for my HP desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN for my HP desktop: I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-for-my-hp-desktop/1ed8ba1a-45b5-4bb4-bb6b-ba3d2fc84669
  5. I want to set up a pin but my settings says i already have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set up a pin but my settings says i already have one: so I want to sign in to xbox to claim the game pass and it says to put in my pin but i dont have one so i go to make a pin and then it says that i already have one...
  6. I want to set up a pin but my settings says i already have one

I want to set up a pin but my settings says i already have one: so I want to sign in to xbox to claim the game pass and it says to put in my pin but i dont have one so i go to make a pin and then it says that i already have one...
  7. Set up my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set up my pin: Hi, I can't do anything no matter what I do. Every time I go onto my computer it keeps on saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Below that message it also comes up "Set up my PIN", I have clicked it many times, it comes up...
  8. Set up my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up my pin: Hi, I can't do anything no matter what I do. Every time I go onto my computer it keeps on saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Below that message it also comes up "Set up my PIN", I have clicked it many times, it comes up...
  9. Set up my pin

10. Set up new Desktop HP Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up new Desktop HP Computer: I am 85, retired, live alone with wife, I want my PC when I turn it on to open all the way to "Ready to Work" with out have to bother with any type of password. This is a new HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-0070. Thank you for your Assistance.. Joel Wagnon...