Windows 10: I have Password protected files I cannot locate.

Discus and support I have Password protected files I cannot locate. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently took my laptop in for service (RAM upgrade) and found when I got it back that the OS had been reinstalled. I have two acct.s on this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Oleg6, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Oleg6 Win User

I have Password protected files I cannot locate.

I recently took my laptop in for service (RAM upgrade) and found when I got it back that the OS had been reinstalled. I have two acct.s on this computer an Admin acct. and my acct. both password protected with different pass words. I updated Windows and did a full system scan with Bitdefender from my acct. and it came back clean except there were 19 files that could not be scanned because of the password protection. I tried to find the scan log in a folder name "Containers" the Containers folder is not there. Show Hidden Files and Folders is checked. So I took the password off my acct. and did a full scan from the admin acct. and the same 19 folders showed up as not scanned. There was a message in red to the effect that "These Files are Administered by my Organization", I am in the hidden Admin Acct. there's no higher authority. This bugs me in that the laptop was out of my hands for 4-5 days and I am going to load QuickBooks next. Question is why is my containers folder not there and is there anther way to find the path to these files?
    Thanks

:)

Oleg6, Dec 7, 2020

2. ms. excel bug? file that protect by password become unprotected file?

i have ms. excel 2010 document that protected by password, when i send it through e-mail the file become unprotected file, in other name the pass is gone
    is it the bug or i just missed something on that

micropage7, Dec 7, 2020
  3. OneMrEd Win User
    Unable to open a password protected Excel file

I just got a HTC 8X phone and when I try to open a password protected Excel file instead of prompting me for the password I just get a message that says, "Can't open. Password-protected files can't be opened". Any suggesting for working with password protected
    files on WP8?

***Moderator's note: Moved to the most appropriate category.***

OneMrEd, Dec 7, 2020
  4. I have Password protected files I cannot locate.

password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

I have Password protected files I cannot locate.

1. I have Password protected files I cannot locate. - Similar Threads - Password protected files

2. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I delete microsoft password protected files: I did a scan with BitDefender and it found over 80 password protected files. For example: \\?\Volume{5dfa899c-fb0c-4783-9718-f8a366c8a027}\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG. Can I delete these files or will it hurt my system? Not all of the 80 were Microsoft files....
  3. can I delete microsoft password protected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I delete microsoft password protected files: I did a scan with BitDefender and it found over 80 password protected files. For example: \\?\Volume{5dfa899c-fb0c-4783-9718-f8a366c8a027}\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG. Can I delete these files or will it hurt my system? Not all of the 80 were Microsoft files....
  4. Cannot password protect zip file

Cannot password protect zip file: I would like to password protect a zip file, yet the option to encrypt is not working. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-password-protect-zip-file/0a4dd5a8-8a71-4600-98f4-d815024fb702
  5. Cannot password protect zip file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot password protect zip file: I would like to password protect a zip file, yet the option to encrypt is not working. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-password-protect-zip-file/0a4dd5a8-8a71-4600-98f4-d815024fb702
  6. Cannot password protect zip file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Password protected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected files: Hello, I recently ran antivirus scan from Bitdefender and results came okay but it says six files were password protected whose extensions are CSPproxy.dll and MUILANGUAGE.dll. I am worried, is my pc virus infected or these are just microsoft files hidden under password...
  8. I can't password protect files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't password protect files.: When I get to advanced options, my computer won't allow me the option to password protect files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-password-protect-files/b35f833a-fe2a-485d-8ab6-2863d5e6a8b8
  9. Password-protected files

Password-protected files: Dear All, My antivirus detected password-protected windows files that were not possible to scan and skipped from scanning. I have never set a password on any file, either document, app or system files. Is it normal to have password-protected windows files in the system? If...
  10. password protected files that i dont remember creating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    password protected files that i dont remember creating: hey, recently i ran a scan with my antivirus (bitdefender) and found out that it couldnt scan some files because they are password protected, the thing is that i dont remember ever password protecting any of those files (or directly interacting with them in any way) the files...