Windows 10: I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately...

Discus and support I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately need to open, which program will do it please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rabbit95, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Rabbit95 Win User

I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately...

I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately need to open, which program will do it please?

:)

Rabbit95, Mar 18, 2023

2. Picture formats Windows Photo viewer will display in Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you mean Photo app?

• Are you not able to open a picture format type in the Photo app?

Photo app supports all picture format types to display on the screen. It will not open the photos whose picture format is not set to open in Photo app viewer. Set the Photo app viewer as the default picture viewer to the open pictures in that particular
    app.

To set Photo app as the default photo viewer, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.

• Click on System option from the window and select
      Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

• Under Choose Default apps, click on
      Photo viewer option and choseWindows
      Photo app.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

You can also set different photo viewer applications for different picture formats by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on System option from the window and select
      Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

• Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type.

• Click on the file type from the window and select an application to make it as default from
      Choose an App window.

• Close the window and check if you are able to open different file formats in the set defaults viewer applications.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Ron-H Win User
    Convert .mix photos to any other type of picture file.

I have a some old .mix photo files that I would like to convert to an other type of format, such as .jpg, .png, .tif etc

Ron-H, Mar 18, 2023
  4. I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately...

Old picture files

Hi Carolyn,

Based on the description you provided, we need to determine why all your old pictures disappeared after replacing your printer to a new one. With that said, kindly answer the following questions:

• What steps have you tried so far to recover your old pictures?
    • Did you use an application to save your scanned photos from your previous printer?
    • Have you tried searching for the folder via Cortana?

Desiree Yau, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately...

1. I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately... - Similar Threads - precious old photos

2. How do I recover my precious photos & videos from my account? I am signed in at the moment...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my precious photos & videos from my account? I am signed in at the moment...: Hello, I am in need of help to recover my photos and videos that were under my live.com email acct. I was able to reactivate it bcuz I had a recovery email and now I would like to transfer or download the photos and videos that were under the live.com acct. Can someone please...
  3. How do I recover my precious photos & videos from my account? I am signed in at the moment...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my precious photos & videos from my account? I am signed in at the moment...: Hello, I am in need of help to recover my photos and videos that were under my live.com email acct. I was able to reactivate it bcuz I had a recovery email and now I would like to transfer or download the photos and videos that were under the live.com acct. Can someone please...
  4. I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately...: I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately need to open, which program will do it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-precious-old-photos-in-mix-format-from/7c994249-55c6-45b9-9014-7d7d0b52a49c
  5. I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately...: I have precious old photos in .mix format from Picture It discontinued that I desperately need to open, which program will do it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-precious-old-photos-in-mix-format-from/7c994249-55c6-45b9-9014-7d7d0b52a49c
  6. May have malware on old computer, but need to transfer precious photos and videos of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    May have malware on old computer, but need to transfer precious photos and videos of...: Hi. I have a situation and would really appreciate some direction. I may have malware or a virus on my old computer got it in 2017, but I need to transfer precious photos and videos of a deceased loved one from the old computer to my new computer. I run the up-to-date...
  7. UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS: I have a 256 GB SD card on which I have loaded thousands of zip-filed photos. Now, for whatever reasons, that SD card has not only become unreadable, but is completely unrecognizable by both the reader on my pc, and by my phone Samsung Galaxy Note20. Neither of these devices...
  8. UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS: I have a 256 GB SD card on which I have loaded thousands of zip-filed photos. Now, for whatever reasons, that SD card has not only become unreadable, but is completely unrecognizable by both the reader on my pc, and by my phone Samsung Galaxy Note20. Neither of these devices...
  9. UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. I HAVE A PICTURE IT PHOTO PREMIUM VERSION 7.0 AND I HAVE TROUBLE INSTALLING IT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I HAVE A PICTURE IT PHOTO PREMIUM VERSION 7.0 AND I HAVE TROUBLE INSTALLING IT: I CAN'T INSTALL A MICROSOFT PICTURE IT VERSION 7.0 ON MY COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-picture-it-photo-premium-version-70-and-i/4c12af57-6d3c-43ae-be07-4f39e353812e