Windows 10: I have problem with brightness/gamma setting

Discus and support I have problem with brightness/gamma setting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know what category this problem is in so I put it in the performance & system failures category. So I have a problem regarding brightness/gamma... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DassmuX, Jun 9, 2021.

1. DassmuX Win User

I have problem with brightness/gamma setting

I don't know what category this problem is in so I put it in the performance & system failures category. So I have a problem regarding brightness/gamma setting. every time I log into my laptop the screen is suddenly very bright and the color is too white. so I reset the brightness in "calibrate display color" and AMD settings and everything is back to normal. but when I open the game suddenly my screen color returns to normal and makes my calibration settings darker and I restart my calibration settings to normal and try restarting my laptop. however my screen is back to being too whit

:)

DassmuX, Jun 9, 2021

2. The gamma setting of my monitor.

I have LG 204WT and have also set my gamma settings to -50. If set to normal or more I find colours really washed out. I think that with gamma set to -50 you get more realistic colours. I have set my brightness to 40 and contrast to 60. I˙m generally very satisfied with this monitor.

First I bougt a Samsung 226BW and I returned it to store the same day. Main reason was the colour bleeding at the bottom of the monitor. Second reason was that it was way much to bright. Could not set it. I don`t really know how this monitor got such good reviews.

So if LG gives you an option to set gamma to minus 50, why not. I prefer dark colours to be actually dark. Problem with LCD monitors is that they can not present the black colours as well as CRT monitors.

Cheers!*Toast :toast:

DirtyHarry, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 in-game brightness/gamma issue

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 Pro (I previously ran Windows 7 x64). Everything is great until I launch a game. I play Amnesia the Dark Descent which is a very dark game so I know what true black looks like, and for me in Windows 10 the black
    isnt black, its grey, which seems to be cause by gamma or brightness being too high. I ran the Windows calibration tool but it doesnt help as on the desktop brightness and gamma are normal, its only in game where it is wrong.

I have tried updating drivers, rolling them back, messing with brightness and gamma in the nVidia control panel but nothing is solving this problem and I cant seem to find anyone else who has experienced it. I have a nVidia GTX 670 with latest drivers.

serbusfish, Jun 9, 2021
  4. I have problem with brightness/gamma setting

Gamma resetting ingame/after game - Nvidia

Hi!

It doesn't matter if i set/reset or do whatever in Diablo 3 about the gamma-settings.

Problem is still the same.

In League of Legends you can't adjust the brightness/gamma.

I just changed from "Fullscreen windowed" to "Fullscreen" and back again.

No change at all.

I even re-installed the newest driver for my Nvidia - Card.

Changing settings there (gamma, color and brightness not through windows but through the driver) didn't change anything.

I don't know what to do.

PeterK2808, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

I have problem with brightness/gamma setting

1. I have problem with brightness/gamma setting - Similar Threads - problem brightness gamma

2. My gamma settings are broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gamma settings are broken: Hi. I have been trying to solve this issue for months now to no avail, and have finally decided to make a public post about it. A few months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in doing so somehow changed the gamma settings in a way that I have been unable to properly reset...
  3. My gamma settings are broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gamma settings are broken: Hi. I have been trying to solve this issue for months now to no avail, and have finally decided to make a public post about it. A few months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard, and in doing so somehow changed the gamma settings in a way that I have been unable to properly reset...
  4. My gamma settings are broken

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Gamma and color settings

Gamma and color settings: My gamma and color settings resets every time I boot up my laptopBut when I click notifications or go to display settings then my gamma and color settings return to normal....
  6. i have a problem with changing brightness

i have a problem with changing brightness: hello, this is karthik. I have a problem with my brightness settings. I cant edjust my brightiness and it became a big distubence to me at night time I hope my problem may be solve soon...
  7. Gamma color setting reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamma color setting reseting: Every time I go to a different tab or open a game the gamma on my monitor resets. It says the same gamma number on the Nvidia control panel but I have to move the bar for the gamma to go back to normal....
  8. Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gamma and brightness not editable with dual monitor.: Hello, Since update 1909 of Windows 10 i can't change gamma or brightness when i connect an external monitor but it work when i have only one monitor or i duplicate screen. i have try software like gamma control or ClickMonitorDDC i want to use software like that not amd...
  9. MMO's brightness, contrast and gamma sliders won't move

MMO's brightness, contrast and gamma sliders won't move: I haven't used my graphics sliders in lotro for a while, and when I tried last week, they won't move. Other graphics sliders work. I went to the game's community and folks claimed an MS update caused the problem on some computers, an update coming out last year. However,...
  10. Problem with Gamma settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Gamma settings: I have a problem with colors on my screen. My email pages and some other web pages look white. I found out that the gamma setting are too high and made them as low as possible. It helped and the colors got better. But after booting the system the issue gets back. Gammar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amnesia the dark descent cant change gamma

2. messed up gamma on laptop