Windows 10: I have problem with dvd drive.

Discus and support I have problem with dvd drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i can't find dvd rw drive in file explorer.there is no cd/dvd drive in device manager.please help me to solve this. my system Acer Aspire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnkathiMahender, Sep 26, 2020.

1. I have problem with dvd drive.

i can't find dvd rw drive in file explorer.there is no cd/dvd drive in device manager.please help me to solve this.

my system

Acer Aspire E5-511-P1RJ

wndows 10 home

intel pentium quad core processor.

:)

AnkathiMahender, Sep 26, 2020
  2. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

4. I have problem with dvd drive.

DVD Drive repeatedly missing

Thanks for your suggestions.

My PC is ASROCK ACPI X64 and the DVD drive is optiarc DVD RW AD 5240S.

I have tried all your methods from 1 to 3 but none solved the problem.

Method 1 Step 5

Run as administrator not available

Method 2 Step C

Expand DVD/CD rom drives Not visable

Method 3 Step 3

Corrupted files found but not all fixed

All updates have been installed.

Any new suggestions?

Regards:

David Massey 175, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

I have problem with dvd drive.

1. I have problem with dvd drive. - Similar Threads - problem dvd drive

2. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  3. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  4. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  5. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  6. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DVD drive problems

DVD drive problems: Neither the internal nor an external USB DVD drive are able to be accessed Toshiba satellite 55 laptop. Device Manager states; "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19". "This PC" APP...
  8. DVD Drive problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD Drive problem: Upgraded from 7 to 10 years ago. Had a virus and had to wipe and reinstall from download. DVD drive is visible but will not read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-problem/210cbbdf-22cd-42b2-974a-4d924c1d20a1
  9. dvd drive problem.

dvd drive problem.: DVD sounds as though it's working, in "This PC" DVD RW Drive "D" Shows name of inserted dvd but won't play. Under wording is "0 bytes free of 6.84 GB". Have tried most things including downloading another dvd app but no joy. Have considered uninstalling and reinstalling...
  10. DVD Drive Problem

DVD Drive Problem: I have an external DVD drive connected via USB. I burned 3 DVDs successfully, but when I try to open the third one it says files waiting to be burned to disc but only shows a desktop.ini file instead of the 8 videos I burned. Does anyone know how to fix this? 103104