Windows 10: I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same...

Discus and support I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can use pen drive but unable to use external hard drive I tried no of hard drive which are working with another Laptop Windows updated Installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sanjeevan Pawar, Mar 29, 2020.

1. I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same...

I can use pen drive but unable to use external hard drive I tried no of hard drive which are working with another Laptop

Windows updated

Installed update drivers

checked with USB Pen drive Working properly

Used SD Card same is working properly

only External Hard drive detected but not shown in This PF /File Explorer

It shows in Device management

please help

:)

Sanjeevan Pawar, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

1. I would recommend you to check in Disk management, if the (Seagate) external hard drive is detecting in Disk management. Follow the below steps:

a. Press Windows Key + R and type diskmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

b. Check if the system is detecting (Seagate) external hard drive and let us know.

2. What exactly happen when you try to access on the hard drive? Do you receive any error message/error code?

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 29, 2020
  4. I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same...

External Hard drive is not dectected in file explorer.

Hi Josh,

As you are facing issue with
    External Hard Drive, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What is the make and model of the external hard drive?

• Do you receive any error message related to the issue?

• Have you assigned a drive letter for the external drive?

You might be facing the above issue due to the unallocated letter for the drive. Unallocated drives are those whose drive letters are not allocated when initially partitioned or after formatting. You will be able to view
    the drive on your PC if you have allocated a drive name for the partition created. The drive will not be visible on the PC if you do not allocate a drive letter or a drive name.

The issue may also occur due to some of the system components conflicting with Windows 10 operating system on the PC.

OR

The issue that you face might be due to some of the Windows 10 hardware related files either going missing or corrupt. So, please follow the below basic methods to troubleshoot.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will
    fix to enhance the performance of the system. I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows
      logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all
      from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Hardware and Devices,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check for the status, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to try changing the drive letter of the drive and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to change the drive letter:

• Press Windows
      + X keys and click on Disk Management.

• Right click on the external drive and click on
      Change Drive letter and paths.

• Click on Change
      the button.

• Under Assign the following Drive letter, select the desired drive letter.

• Click Ok to save changes.

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same...

1. I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same... - Similar Threads - problem external Hard

2. I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...: so frequently have numerous tabs open online while using Chrome. Now excuse my terminology as I lost that a long time ago. In any event, the issue is I try to open a new set of tabs that deal with a specific matter. So in my taskbar, I have an icon for Google Chrome. I would...
  3. I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...: so frequently have numerous tabs open online while using Chrome. Now excuse my terminology as I lost that a long time ago. In any event, the issue is I try to open a new set of tabs that deal with a specific matter. So in my taskbar, I have an icon for Google Chrome. I would...
  4. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time: Hello, I have a two terabyte external drive for games and a five terabyte external drive for various other projects. For a while I had them both plugged in but I decided I wanted to organize the cords going into my usb extender, they haven't been the same since. Here is what...
  5. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time: Hello, I have a two terabyte external drive for games and a five terabyte external drive for various other projects. For a while I had them both plugged in but I decided I wanted to organize the cords going into my usb extender, they haven't been the same since. Here is what...
  6. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name: Hi! My computer is running really slow and I was advised to created a partition to separate my program files from all other files in my computer. I went ahead and made the partition. Then in file Explorer I pointed all the libraries to the new drive however I hadn't first...
  8. Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name: Hi! My computer is running really slow and I was advised to created a partition to separate my program files from all other files in my computer. I went ahead and made the partition. Then in file Explorer I pointed all the libraries to the new drive however I hadn't first...
  9. Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name

10. Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name: A few days ago I discovered that my C drive was almost full because only 76 GB had been assigned to it. Instead of thinking about it carefully I went ahead and assigned an unallocated partition of 900 kB to a new drive which I named H. Then in file Explorer I pointed all the...