Windows 10: i have problem with hdd,every time stay 100% write in task manager.

Discus and support i have problem with hdd,every time stay 100% write in task manager. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyone can help me how can i adjust hdd performance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by altinos, Jun 24, 2020.

1. altinos Win User

i have problem with hdd,every time stay 100% write in task manager.

Anyone can help me how can i adjust hdd performance.

:)

altinos, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 24, 2020
  3. HDD Read Write Stutter with click sound. Usage goes to 100% every stutter?

System:

• Processor : Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
    • Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
    • Operating System : Windows 10 Pro
    • Harddisk: Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 1 TB 7200RPM

I HAVE REPLACED MY HDD WARRANTY 4 TIMES that the seller is thinking I am trying to intentionally break it.
    My HDD sometimes produced "clicking" sound. Every time the sound comes up, this is what happened:

1. Every program (music player) or games (while loading) stopped.
    2. The HDD Stopped Spinning and immediately start spinning again.
    3. In Task Manager, HDD Usage went full 100% with write and read at 0 Kb/s.
    4. It takes almost always the same amount of time every click to be responsive again.
    5. Sometimes fixed by hot unplugging the power cable and replugging it to HDD

THIS HDD IS 3 DAYS OLD. I have just exchanged it for warranty 3 days ago and this symptoms is always happening to all every HDD I exchanged. When this happen, it keep stuttering and clicking until about an hour. This only happen on heavy load (game updating, software downloading).
    Things I have tried:

1. I have tried this suggestion: Disk usage goes to 100%
    2. Ran HD Tune Pro Trial to check for error block and 100% safe
    3. CrystalDiskMark reads OK for every aspect. Power on hours is only 70 Hours.
    4. Bought and put up Stabilizer and UPS Before putting this HDD
    5. Install and update Motherboard's driver

I have ran out of clues. What should I do?

Wiryandi P., Jun 24, 2020
  4. LD_918 Win User

HDD works on 100%.

It used on 100% even in idle. Tried to change antivirus, turn off file search service. In secure boot I can't see HDD performance in Task Manager (no such tab in this mode). Most of time there are 'Microsoft Compatability Telemetry' or 'Service Host: Local
    System' on the top of process list (>3Mb/s). I have DELL Inspirion 3000 series with usual HDD, there are no any drivers for my HDD on official site.

i have problem with hdd,every time stay 100% write in task manager. 1d0f79bc-c1b8-4f89-990e-8546281cb537.png

LD_918, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. i have problem with hdd,every time stay 100% write in task manager. - Similar Threads - problem hdd every

2. Disk full 100% problem in Task manager again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full 100% problem in Task manager again: Disk full 100% problem. How to fix this problem?See Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-full-100-problem-in-task-manager-again/82a83dc9-2e95-41b3-8774-2e1f46fe56d6
  3. Disk full 100% problem in Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk full 100% problem in Task manager: Disk full 100% problem. How to fix this problem?See Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-full-100-problem-in-task-manager/82a83dc9-2e95-41b3-8774-2e1f46fe56d6
  4. Every time I open task manager it says 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I open task manager it says 100% CPU usage: Every time I open it says 100% CPU usage and then drops to normal which is 2%, I then check the graphs in task manager and everything is normal. Could I possibly have a virus? If so idek how I downloaded it, the only thing I downloaded recently was free PDF ebooks. submitted...
  5. 100% disc problem in task manager..I

100% disc problem in task manager..I: Computer is not working. Task manager showing 100% disk usage. I went through all the steps on this webpage, but got stuck on 2.4 changing the value of the MSI supported key. There were no instructions on how to do this. Help! I could guess on a few thing but might make...
  6. Task manager 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager 100%: I have a problem where task manager states i am using 100% of my cpu when i am not, no matter what i shut down task manager replaces it with something else to put my usage back to 100% the laptop is fast getting unusable....
  7. Work time problem in task manager.

Work time problem in task manager.: Hi. Few days ago I noticed a "bug"? In task manager. I mean that the CPU work time still working after I shutdown my PC. I checked this on my laptop and this problem exists too.. Just look at screen: [ATTACH] More interestingly. This time is reset after the PC has...
  8. Write to HDD problem

Write to HDD problem: I use LastPass. Now receive a message at boot "cannot write to Location:\locallow\lang". Tried recommended solution. No positive result. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-to-hdd-problem/4d6d8e85-4427-42fe-9035-6383564334c4
  9. Task Manager at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager at 100%: I'm getting the task manager saying my CPU is at 100%. But when I check the 4 cores usage with MSI manager, they are at 5% or so. Seems tasks that should take little CPU are using much more than normal, according to Task Manager. There is no overheating. Any idea why? Not...
  10. Task Manager at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager at 100%: I'm getting the task manager saying my CPU is at 100%. But when I check the 4 cores usage with MSI manager, they are at 5% or so. Seems tasks that should take little CPU are using much more than normal, according to Task Manager. There is no overheating. Any idea why? Not...