Windows 10: I have problem with Windows 10 (Chrome, Firefox) work in the background when i closed...

Discus and support I have problem with Windows 10 (Chrome, Firefox) work in the background when i closed... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I turn on the computer with Windows 10 and then the browser (Chrome, Firefox) and close the browser in the background, it is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CE77Waldek, Jan 2, 2022.

1. I have problem with Windows 10 (Chrome, Firefox) work in the background when i closed...

I have problem with Windows 10 (Chrome, Firefox) work in the background when i closed... vulbOcMhhi2zEGov9y_XZuMmewCvfw-g84GSYTg_i8w.jpg

When I turn on the computer with Windows 10 and then the browser (Chrome, Firefox) and close the browser in the background, it is still running and consuming a lot of CPU, I have to kill these processes in the task manager then when I turn on the browser again and close it, everything works normally. I've never had it like this before. I tried to turn it off in options (Firefox, Chrome) nothing works

https://preview.redd.it/mh1hwu0ky89...bp&s=8ad8d7a3410aaf31cb782205d3b166ba894bddae

submitted by /u/CE77Waldek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CE77Waldek, Jan 2, 2022

2. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Jan 2, 2022
  3. Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

Somehow chrome & firefox have appeared in the list of forbidden aplications in family panel of Microsoft account.

That's why these apps were closing just after you have opened them.

Removing chrome & firefox from that list solves the problem.

Have a nice day.

RafałWiatrowski, Jan 2, 2022
  4. I have problem with Windows 10 (Chrome, Firefox) work in the background when i closed...

can't close googel chrome ???

There is a setting in Google Chrome that allows it to continue running various tasks in the background after you have closed the browser window. If this is allowed in your Google Chrome settings, then it can indeed be running even when there is no visible
    window. Personally, I don't allow Google Chrome to continue running in the background/ But that is for you to decide. To solve your immediate problem though, I suggest you turn off (don't allow) this option at least temporarily:

1. Start Google Chrome. There should of course be a visible browser window.
    2. Access the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser window (it's just below the standard Microsoft icons to minimize maximize and close the window).
    3. Select "Settings" from that menu. Some basic Google Chrome settings should be displayed in the browser.
    4. Go to the bottom of the "Basic Settings" page and click on "Advanced".
    5. Locate the "System" group within the "Advanced Settings". Its near the bottom of this second settings page.
    6. One of the "System" settings is "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Turn this option OFF by sliding its little button to the left.
    7. Close the Google Chrome browser.
    There should now be no complaints about Google Chrome still running when you think it isn't.

If you would like to re-enable this feature later, just follow the same 7 Step procedure above.

Of course to re-enable the feature, replace "Turn this option OFF" in Step 6 with "Turn this option
    ON
    ".

I hope this helps.

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

I have problem with Windows 10 (Chrome, Firefox) work in the background when i closed...

1. I have problem with Windows 10 (Chrome, Firefox) work in the background when i closed... - Similar Threads - problem Chrome Firefox

2. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  3. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  4. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Command Prompt is closing chrome and I think I have a virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command Prompt is closing chrome and I think I have a virus: If I'm charging my computer every once in a while a command promt window will open and close, then chrome will close and re-open but with two new tabs, - and School. What should I do?...
  6. Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10: Hello, i just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I started it off with installing Firefox but when I try to launch it nothing happens. I looked at Task Manager and when I launch Firefox, 2 or 3 Firefox processes appear but they dissappear after 1 second. The same thing...
  7. When I close my lid it closes Chrome

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I close my lid it closes Chrome: Any time I close the lid for my laptop it closes Chrome when it wakes from sleep. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-close-my-lid-it-closes-chrome/28be4e56-233b-444d-8c72-9d33d9a0a9da
  8. Firefox and chrome close on start-up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and chrome close on start-up.: Hi, on my PC which has run fine for years, chrome has started refusing to work. A quick shit flash where the tab would be appears for less than a second, but disappears after. Chrome has no crash reports so I tried on Firefox. Exactly the same. Does anyone have any clue what...
  9. I am having the same bookmark problems in BOTH Chrome and Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    I am having the same bookmark problems in BOTH Chrome and Firefox.: I have had bookmark problems in Chrome - bookmarks and bookmark folders duplicating themselves many times and reappearing after being deleted. This was so frustrating and after searching forums could not find a solution that corrected the problem. Out of frustration switched...
  10. facebook closing firefox when I type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    facebook closing firefox when I type: hi, facebook closes firefox when I am typing. all my text is lost. I have to continually copy what I've typed every couple of sentences. then reopen firefox and FB and paste it in. I can't find anyone else with the same problem. windows 10. Icould not find a topic that fits...