Windows 10: I have put date in the beginning of the file name and i want to remove it.

Discus and support I have put date in the beginning of the file name and i want to remove it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; for example 01.01.2020 bank Account 10.01.2020 Ledger account 15.03.2020 map of the plot Like above there are 100s of files. The reason being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SKYBROW, Jul 2, 2020.

1. SKYBROW Win User

I have put date in the beginning of the file name and i want to remove it.

for example

01.01.2020 bank Account

10.01.2020 Ledger account

15.03.2020 map of the plot

Like above there are 100s of files. The reason being i am not able to search them as same are not being indexed by indexing service in the desktop.

Please assist.

:)

SKYBROW, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 2, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Copying down file folders with names and growing dates

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create multiple folders of same name with progressive dates, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you.

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where you want the folders to be created.
    • On the address bar, where the folder path is displayed, erase the folder path and type
      CMD to open a Command Prompt window.
    • Once the Command Prompt window opens, copy paste the following command and hit Enter:

for %d in (2019.6.17 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.18 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.19 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.20 Job Progress Pics, etc) do mkdir %d

Note:

Replace ‘etc’ with rest of the dates for the month. (Eg: ‘2019.6.X Job Progress Pics’ where X is the date)

• Exit Command Prompt and see if multiple folders are created with the progressive dates on the preferred location.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. I have put date in the beginning of the file name and i want to remove it. - Similar Threads - put date beginning

2. OneDrive is asking if I want to remove all the files from OneDrive that I put in my trash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is asking if I want to remove all the files from OneDrive that I put in my trash: Hello,I'm very confused. I deleted and disposed of all my Bookmarks and Favorites from my Firefox browser, about 250 files, and immediately afterwards a yellow exclamation point, or warning icon, showed up on the OneDrive icon located on my taskbar.When I pressed on it, a red...
  3. I have gateway ne55r41u in need to remove the names that are on here put my name back don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have gateway ne55r41u in need to remove the names that are on here put my name back don't...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Williams 5707022138 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-gateway-ne55r41u-in-need-to-remove-the/66658828-ab6e-47f2-a094-e291ada78ea7
  4. I have gateway ne55r41u in need to remove the names that are on here put my name back don't...

I have gateway ne55r41u in need to remove the names that are on here put my name back don't...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Williams 5707022138 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-gateway-ne55r41u-in-need-to-remove-the/66658828-ab6e-47f2-a094-e291ada78ea7
  5. I have gateway ne55r41u in need to remove the names that are on here put my name back don't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...: I want to add a registry key:"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Note\****pany\Components" /v OOBE_Version /t REG_SZ /d "01 Jun 22 12:00" /fThis is what I have now but I have to manually change the time. Is there anyway I can change the time to have it pull what the computer time/date...
  7. I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...

I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...: I want to add a registry key:"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Note\****pany\Components" /v OOBE_Version /t REG_SZ /d "01 Jun 22 12:00" /fThis is what I have now but I have to manually change the time. Is there anyway I can change the time to have it pull what the computer time/date...
  8. I want to set a registry and and I want to put the current date time in this key also, can...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I WANT TO REMOVE FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I WANT TO REMOVE FILES: CAN WE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING temporary files FROM SETTINGS- PREVIOUS WINDOWS INSTALLATIONs WINDOWS UPDATE CLEANUP DELIEVERY OPTIMIZATION FILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-files/a530b699-0c13-4ef9-8472-75cf64f402ec
  10. I have a document and a picture that want to put on facebook

I have a document and a picture that want to put on facebook: I have a document withn a picture that I want to pot on Facebook. How do I do THat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/i-have-a-document-and-a-picture-that-want-to-put/fbe88f6b-7769-404d-a03f-2433c5aebd78