Windows 10: I have questions regarding version updates

Discus and support I have questions regarding version updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two computers and they are both still running version 1803. Why have I never received the 1809 update and should I download and install it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nikilet, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Nikilet Win User

I have questions regarding version updates

I have two computers and they are both still running version 1803. Why have I never received the 1809 update and should I download and install it manually before the new version is rolled out?

What's this I hear about this new version having a glitch that could really mess up my computers and my externals -- everything -- but that Microsoft is aware and is going to release it anyway? The issue about different drive letters being assigned if you have any type of USB device or memory card attached to your computer is not minor as Microsoft would have us believe. From what I've read about this it could be a major catastrophe.

:)

Nikilet, Apr 29, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I have questions regarding version updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Jerry T Win User
    Questions regarding sysprep and capture in MDT

I have a question regarding the sysprep and capture function in MDT 2013.

I have done a sysprep & capture on a Windows 10x64 machine with software and drivers included using MDT.

So the next step I did was to deploy the captured .iso file onto a new machine which had the usual configuration steps including setting up the computer name, timezone and keyboard layout etc and everything was start up fine and all the software and drivers were also configured & installed properly.

However, the issue is that machine's SID and computer name were completely the same as the one I ran the sysprep & capture on. Was this supposed to be like this? Because I did some research and a sysprep is supposed to change the SID as it is treated as a new machine. Also, I did configure a new computer name for the machine during the deployment setup but I have no idea why its the same name as the other machine.
    I would appreciate any answers given. Thank you.

Jerry T, Apr 29, 2019
  4. I have questions regarding version updates

regarding wifi connectivity problem

Hi Shaikh,

We would like to ask a few questions to better assist you.

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

I have questions regarding version updates

1. I have questions regarding version updates - Similar Threads - questions regarding version

2. I have a question regarding a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question regarding a new laptop: Hi.... I have a new proline laptop.... I am stuck trying to login after setting it up.... Im stuck on the pin setting.... It just keep loading non stop..... I don't know what to do...
  3. I have a question regarding a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question regarding a new laptop: Hi.... I have a new proline laptop.... I am stuck trying to login after setting it up.... Im stuck on the pin setting.... It just keep loading non stop..... I don't know what to do...
  4. I have a question regarding refunds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question regarding refunds: I have a question because my younger cousin was playing on my account and bought a texture pack for like 850 tokens and im wondering if i could get a refund because of that?...
  5. I have a question regarding refunds

I have a question regarding refunds: I have a question because my younger cousin was playing on my account and bought a texture pack for like 850 tokens and im wondering if i could get a refund because of that?...
  6. I have a question regarding the device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question regarding the device manager: In the device manager the common named "display adapters" is called "display adaptors" while the "network adapters" is called "network adapters"? Why is display adapters with an "o" instead of "e"....
  7. I have a question regarding the device manager

I have a question regarding the device manager: In the device manager the common named "display adapters" is called "display adaptors" while the "network adapters" is called "network adapters"? Why is display adapters with an "o" instead of "e"....
  8. I have a question regarding the device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I have question regarding windows 10 version 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have question regarding windows 10 version 2004 update?: Hello, my family member just had problem with youtube play button so he assumed he just had to update the windows and ended up start downloading/installing to version 2004; I resolved the youtube issue by clearing cache/cookies but he started the update process anyway. I...
  10. I have a question Regarding Cortana

in Cortana
    I have a question Regarding Cortana: I have been a Microsoft Fan to 2016 to present, and i have windows in many laptops that my dad gave me(one was windows 7 and the other was windows 10 and they were **** ), but what i love about windows is cortana, without it windows 10 is like windows 7 ,and I never had...