Windows 10: I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on?

Discus and support I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I wanted to test a software for a minute and then turn them back on but apparently the bat file is one way; it only disables the services. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Scrollitic, Jun 20, 2021.

1. I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on?

So I wanted to test a software for a minute and then turn them back on but apparently the bat file is one way; it only disables the services. The services are all greyed out now and can't be enabled windefender, windows update, etc. Here is the batch code:https://github.com/TairikuOokami/Windows/blob/main/Microsoft%20Defender%20Disable.batThis disables the tampering which greys out the option to start the services again. I need a method to reverse the change. I know it is related to the registry files but I didn't take the time to understand how they work and how to navigate around them. Tha

:)

Scrollitic, Jun 20, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security

... rats.. not this..

I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on? [​IMG]

but this...

I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on? [​IMG]

I probably picked up on this terminology from some US cybersecurity film...

dalchina, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Autorun?

Hello,

As you are asking whether the security of disabling Autorun/Autoplay option from system settings is the same as disabling from the registry and will take affect in the same way. There is no need to worry about virus threats which usually attack from autorun/autoplay.
    If you want to disable autorun/autoplay from registry, follow the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In the right pane of the window create a new DWORD value "NoDriveTypeAutorun".
    • Set the value based on the following requirements:
      • FF – To disable AutoRun on all drives
      • 20 – To disable AutoRun on CD-ROM drives
      • 4 – To disable AutoRun on removable drives
      • 8 – To disable AutoRun on fixed drives
      • 10 – To disable AutoRun on network drives
      • 40 – To disable AutoRun on RAM disks
      • 1 – To disable AutoRun on unknown drives
    • If you want to disable AutoRun on a certain combination of drives, you’ll have to combine their values. For example, if you want to disable AutoRun on CD-ROM and removable drives, set the value of DWORD to 28.
    • If you want to return AutoRun functionality, just delete the NoDriveTypeAutorun DWORD value.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Blazian Win User

I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on?

A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security

Recently my friends tried to get a rat on my laptop and i managed to stop them in the middle of it, the only problem is my windows security options like real time protection are grayed out. The .BAT file ran this code (@Echo off
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "1" /f) I deleted the windows defender folder in registry editor but nothing changed, is there a way to fix this or am i screwed? I also tried to restore default windows firewall settings but it wouldn't let me click that either. Sometimes the windows security page doesn't even show up. I have OOSU10 but all the windows defender settings are off and ive restarted multiple times.

Blazian, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on?

1. I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on? - Similar Threads - ran bat file

2. How do I disable/enable a service from MSConfig in CMD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable/enable a service from MSConfig in CMD?: I can’t access msconfig from the CMD in troubleshoot.If you can give me a command that will work on CMD in the Troubleshoot menu.Don’t say “start msconfig” or “msconfig”, because that doesn’t work....
  3. How do I disable/enable a service from MSConfig in CMD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable/enable a service from MSConfig in CMD?: I can’t access msconfig from the CMD in troubleshoot.If you can give me a command that will work on CMD in the Troubleshoot menu.Don’t say “start msconfig” or “msconfig”, because that doesn’t work....
  4. How Do I Enable The Encryption Button On .Bat Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Enable The Encryption Button On .Bat Files?: I Dont Know Whats Going On. I Have Tried 1. Changing the registry 2.the cmd command 3.the service And Nothing Changed..Encryption Button is Still Greyed Out.. Is There Another Solution To Fix It?...
  5. How Do I Enable The Encryption Button On .Bat Files?

How Do I Enable The Encryption Button On .Bat Files?: I Dont Know Whats Going On. I Have Tried 1. Changing the registry 2.the cmd command 3.the service And Nothing Changed..Encryption Button is Still Greyed Out.. Is There Another Solution To Fix It?...
  6. I have a bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a bat file: I have a *.bat file with a list of commands to run like cleaning the Waste files and allbut when I run it , after all the commands are over , it closes itselfI want that to stay open till I say it to close or EXIT commmandhow to do that...
  7. I have a bat file

I have a bat file: I have a *.bat file with a list of commands to run like cleaning the Waste files and allbut when I run it , after all the commands are over , it closes itselfI want that to stay open till I say it to close or EXIT commmandhow to do that...
  8. How to enable Autorun

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to enable Autorun: I disabled Autorun which was advised by my anti-virus software. I did not understand the implications. As from now on when I insert a USB flashdrive, no longer pops a window up with its contents. I would like to have this function back. Autoplay in Settings is on. I have...
  9. A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A .BAT file was ran on my laptop to disable windows 10 security: Recently my friends tried to get a rat on my laptop and i managed to stop them in the middle of it, the only problem is my windows security options like real time protection are grayed out. The .BAT file ran this code (@Echo off reg add...
  10. Autoruns / .arn files / How do you "apply" them?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autoruns / .arn files / How do you "apply" them?: I'm running the latest: Microsoft Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I posted this on the Microsoft page: Autoruns / .arn files / How do you "apply" them? https://social.technet.microsoft.com...forum=autoruns - - - - -...