Windows 10: I have ran out of space on c Drice -

Discus and support I have ran out of space on c Drice - in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 24 GB of programs - No games - 1 GB of pics - no music 10 pictuires 240gigs gone. ok - WHY ARE SO MANY FILES inaccessible ? how do i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertSmartt, Nov 18, 2018.

1. I have ran out of space on c Drice -

I have 24 GB of programs - No games - 1 GB of pics - no music 10 pictuires 240gigs gone. ok -

WHY ARE SO MANY FILES inaccessible ?

how do i gail a

:)

RobertSmartt, Nov 18, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CI have ran out of space on c Drice - :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Monkey57 Win User

I have ran out of space on c Drice -

Ran out of space on local disk C in Win10

What is the make and model of your PC?

Are the other 'Disks' separate hard drives?

How Large is your C-drive?

A. Please see :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12425/windows-10-free-up-drive-space

• Open the Start menu and select Settings > System > Storage.
    • Under Save locations, select a drive from the dropdown menu. If the drive you want to use isn't listed there, make sure it's connected to your PC. (Do not change 'New Apps will save to:' ; change the other '... save to'(s) to D-drive
      - (a new folder tree will be created on the D-drive)
    B. Next:

• Open up 'File Explorer' .
    • Look for the folder you want to move (i.e. 'Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos)
    • Right-click the folder and click on Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab.
    • Click on Move.
    • Navigate to the folder where you want to move your folder to (where they were created by Settings>System>Storage in the previous step).
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click Yes, to move all files from the old location.
    C. Finally, to move your iTunes see:

Back up and restore your iTunes Library

See also:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17421/windows-free-up-drive-space

On the C-drive (right click the C-drive->left click properties->click the 'Disk Cleanup' button proceed to step 3 below):

or

Cleaning out your PC on a regular basis frees up drive space and helps it run better. One of the easiest ways to clean up files you no longer need is by using Disk Cleanup.
    • Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, select Disk Cleanup.
    • If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then select OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box in the Description section, select Clean up system files.
    • If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then select OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, select the check boxes for the file types that you want to delete, and then select OK. To remove data from a previous installation of Windows, select
      the Previous Windows installation(s) check box. (check all the boxes, after clicking 'Cleanup System Files' in the previous step)
    • In the message that appears, select Delete files. (answer yes during the cleanup, if Previous Windows installation(s) are on the device)
    • Go back to Computer in File Explorer, select the drive you cleaned up, and then select Refresh. If you need to free more space (the drive is still marked red), go to the next tip.

To Move OneDrive to the D-Drive see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e/change-the-location-of-your-onedrive-folder

Monkey57, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

I have ran out of space on c Drice -

1. I have ran out of space on c Drice - - Similar Threads - ran space Drice

2. Ran out of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran out of space: There is no space on my c: drive, its showing 161 mb free of 237 gb and i really dont know how to clear it up. I tried disk clean up, sfc scannow, and chkdsk. Chkdsk didnt work it said this when i tried it.Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may...
  3. Ran out of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran out of space: There is no space on my c: drive, its showing 161 mb free of 237 gb and i really dont know how to clear it up. I tried disk clean up, sfc scannow, and chkdsk. Chkdsk didnt work it said this when i tried it.Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may...
  4. I was downloading an update for my iPad and it said my C Drive ran out of space, now I have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I was downloading an update for my iPad and it said my C Drive ran out of space, now I have...: I have been trying to update my iPad, so I plugged it in and tried to update it. It began an update download, but then iTunes said I ran out of space. So it stopped. But it left me with LESS space than before. I removed about 10-15 gigs and tired again, and it again left me...
  5. I was downloading an update for my iPad and it said my C Drive ran out of space, now I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was downloading an update for my iPad and it said my C Drive ran out of space, now I have...: I have been trying to update my iPad, so I plugged it in and tried to update it. It began an update download, but then iTunes said I ran out of space. So it stopped. But it left me with LESS space than before. I removed about 10-15 gigs and tired again, and it again left me...
  6. I was downloading an update for my iPad and it said my C Drive ran out of space, now I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Ran out of ONEDRIVE disk space

Ran out of ONEDRIVE disk space: Ran out of 5gb of ONEDRIVE space. Don't need Office 365 nor 1TB for $6.99 per month. Any other economical options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ran-out-of-onedrive-disk-space/aabf157b-dd88-4699-8826-5e6556a491b2
  8. Innaccesible boot device: ran out of space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Innaccesible boot device: ran out of space: From some days ago, Windows 10 doesn't start. It only shows a green screen with the message "Inaccessible boot device". [ATTACH] I don't know why. However, the user that works with this computer, says it was warning about run out of space. I've checked that only left less...
  9. C Drive running out of space

C Drive running out of space: Hi, my laptop's local disk C: drive seems to be constantly filling up. I have an Acer Aspite V17, the C drive is 118GB and the D drive is 931GB. I work as an audio engineer and download a few GB worth of files each day to the laptop but always have the projects and the files...
  10. C Drive out of Space

C Drive out of Space: I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have installed the OS on SSD with 256 GB capacity. Files on my SSD including OS files are hardly of 63 GB. But windows shows that there is only 1.02 GB free of 232 GB. I have moved pagefile.sys to other hard disk but it didnt work out. How do I...