Windows 10: I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the...

Discus and support I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was today years old when I had noticed something off about my Windows install, in control panel it was listed as a Windows 10 Enterprise install. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EnterTheMUTAZone, Feb 3, 2021.

1. I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the...

I was today years old when I had noticed something off about my Windows install, in control panel it was listed as a Windows 10 Enterprise install. I have 0 reasons to believe this is on my PC legitimately, so first, I went to CMD and ran slmgr.vbs /rearm in hopes this would fix it, it didn't, next I ran slmgr,vbs /dlv and found my Windows 10 install was from a volume license, the Registered KMS machine name was kms8.[REDACTED].com:1688, I went to [REDACTED] only to find it was a site giving information and guides on how to pirate Microsoft products. I'm not a pirate, I own a legit copy of Windows 10 and I don't know how this could happen. How can I reset my activation and just use a digital license

submitted by /u/EnterTheMUTAZone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EnterTheMUTAZone, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

windows 10 pirated copy related

i am using a pirated copy of windows 10 64bit.is it safe to use a pirated copy.i am unable to update my windows using windows media creation tool,..etc tools.

please suggest what to do.

Tenforo, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Downgrading from a pirated Windows OS

You've already mangled your existing operating system by upgrading to a pirated version of Windows 10. Use your Windows 8.1 disk to do a new installation of your original Windows 8.1 operating system. If you have saved the product key from your original Windows 8.1 operating system, then use that product key again to install Windows 8.1.

You can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, by following the instructions in the answers to this question: How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?. Why not downgrade the pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8 instead and then change the product key and upgrade legally back to Windows 10? There are two reasons for not doing it this way:

1. Your new Windows 10 can inherit problems from the pirated version of Windows 10.
    2. It's a two-step process to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a four-step cumulative history: Windows 8.1 -> pirated Windows 10 -> downgrade pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 -> upgrade to Windows 10. Even though the two-step method doesn't save any time, it still eliminates two unnecessary steps.

Tenforo, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

Tenforo, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the...

1. I have reason to believe my copy of Windows is pirated, how can I completely reset the... - Similar Threads - reason believe copy

2. I have a problem with my pirated windows version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my pirated windows version.: So i had windows 8, but i bought digital license of windows 10 Home. I wanted to change it to windows 10 Pro, which i did, but its a pirated version. So i tried to activate my windows 10 Home, but it didnt work. I want my windows 10 Home back, i have even digital license, but...
  3. I have a problem with my pirated windows version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with my pirated windows version.: So i had windows 8, but i bought digital license of windows 10 Home. I wanted to change it to windows 10 Pro, which i did, but its a pirated version. So i tried to activate my windows 10 Home, but it didnt work. I want my windows 10 Home back, i have even digital license, but...
  4. I have a problem with my pirated windows version.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I believe I have ruined my gaming computer by hard resetting it... how do I reinstall my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I believe I have ruined my gaming computer by hard resetting it... how do I reinstall my...: I own a Lenovo Legion T5, which included several things already on it. All of a sudden while just doing browsing, I kept getting watchdog bluescreen errors. I uninstalled a few apps and when that didn't solve the problem, I restarted the computer. In the "uninstalled apps"...
  6. Is this a pirated copy of Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a pirated copy of Windows?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xXTotalHardnessXx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kp4kp5/is_this_a_pirated_copy_of_windows/
  7. I have an old copy(retail, I believe) of Windows 7 that upgraded to Windows 10. Can I...

I have an old copy(retail, I believe) of Windows 7 that upgraded to Windows 10. Can I...: I have an old pc running on windows 10. I will soon be building a new pc, and I am hoping to transfer the my old windows copy to the new pc. I bought my old copy off Outlet PC and installed it on the computer, it did not come pre-installed. The copy on my old pc originally...
  8. This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is...

This might be worthy of tinfoil hat, but I have reason to believe that Windows 10 is...: Hello, I am the guy who always postpones updates, because I have a lot of things open at the same time and restarting means I have to open them again. I've started noticing a pattern, that when I skip updates for too long, my PC gets slower and then suddenly it won't wake...
  9. How can I completely reset Windows Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I completely reset Windows Mail app?: I want this to be completely reseted, from scratch, when I hit reset it does absolutely nothing, everything is still there all accounts etc. When I used uninstall (only from powershell you can uninstall) and reinstall via store... ALL ACCOUNTS were again there! Please is...
  10. I believe, I have ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I believe, I have ransomware: I'm being chased by a ransom ware virus that claims that my computer is randomly sending out my account number and other information. I just got this computer from a repair shop without any protection so I need the best blocker that won't also block any authorized content as...