Windows 10: I have received a couple of emails asking for money

Discus and support I have received a couple of emails asking for money in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have received a couple of emails asking for money in exchange of **** that I haven’t recorded. The emails say that they will send those videos to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AL29, Apr 17, 2020.

1. AL29 Win User

I have received a couple of emails asking for money

I have received a couple of emails asking for money in exchange of **** that I haven’t recorded. The emails say that they will send those videos to my contacts. What do I do? Thank you

:)

2. not receiving email

Hi,

We would like to ask a few questions to better assist you.

• What is the model of your phone and which version of Windows is currently installed?
    • Were you able to receive emails from your other accounts?
    • Were you able to send emails?
    • What app are you using to access your emails?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Edgar Pan Win User
    no email on windows 10

Hi Rick,

To further isolate the issue, we may need additional information:

• Any troubleshooting steps you’ve done so far?
    • Have you made any changes in settings after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?

We suggest following the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to resolve the issue.

Errors sending or receiving email.

Please get back to us with the status of the issue.

Regards.

Edgar Pan, Apr 17, 2020
  4. I have received a couple of emails asking for money

Attention required message under email account, cannot send and receive mail from a linked account

Hi Sharon,

You might not been able to send or receive an email due to a misconfigured account settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions below:

• Which application or program are you using to access your email?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, we suggest that you remove your email account and re-add it.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

I have received a couple of emails asking for money

1. I have received a couple of emails asking for money - Similar Threads - received couple emails

2. I have received several emails about security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have received several emails about security: from microsoft account t. saying security was deleted not sure if spam or scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-received-several-emails-about-security/8740571c-7002-4d6a-a143-8291237072c0
  3. I have received several emails about security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have received several emails about security: from microsoft account t. saying security was deleted not sure if spam or scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-received-several-emails-about-security/8740571c-7002-4d6a-a143-8291237072c0
  4. I have received several emails saying you have received 70 complaints about my email...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have received several emails saying you have received 70 complaints about my email...: I have received several messages from you saying you have received over 70 complaints on my email address i was not certain if this is genuine or a scam...
  5. I have received several emails saying you have received 70 complaints about my email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have received several emails saying you have received 70 complaints about my email...: I have received several messages from you saying you have received over 70 complaints on my email address i was not certain if this is genuine or a scam...
  6. I have received several emails saying you have received 70 complaints about my email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam?: I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-received-an-email-asking-me-to-purchase/2871e4db-4b8a-40ca-9aaa-972cef6b67f9
  8. I received a email about taking money out of my bank

I received a email about taking money out of my bank: Do not take money out of my account i did not authorize this and cancel anything from Microsoft i do not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-email-about-taking-money-out-of-my/62070c63-d54f-40ec-8f0f-1979fe962817
  9. "Money in your Microsoft account expires soon" - I received this email late

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Money in your Microsoft account expires soon" - I received this email late: [ATTACH] I'm not really here to demand a refund. I didn't realize the credit I had expired in 90 days, but it was on the claim page from bing rewards after all. However, this email showing up a few days late seems like a bit of a waste. I wasn't ready to pay for another...
  10. Popups Asking For Money

Popups Asking For Money: Split from this thread. Where did all this come from? My computer seems to be working OK. Always when something pops up on my screen wanting to fix something, They always want money. So I always shine them on....